Author Topic: What's for dinner, Josephine?  (Read 411713 times)

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: What
« Reply #1250 on: March 26, 2020, 11:45 PM »
Maybe now is the right time to bump this thread for the old hands, much to the annoyance of a few I am sure.  And interesting too for those recent members who never knew of its existence  :clown2:

Spot on, Dave! I used to enjoy this thread originally started by the much-missed loveitspicy/Rich. There was a guy who made a business out of cooking and selling food in far-flung Thailand, unlike most of us happy home-based amateurs here.

There are so few positive CR0 stalwarts left nowadays, the forum needs another jag to keep it interesting. I'm right behind you on this one, mate!

The other nights supper - Dirty Donner

And this seems like a perfect time to try out loveitspicy's Doner-in-a-Tin - the one I said I would do years ago and never quite got around to it! Well, if I can buy minced lamb in the rapidly-emptying shops, that is!

Offline romain

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: March 27, 2020, 02:20 AM »
Always loved this game.

This is what happens when you take leftover Bengali dhansak (traditional) and think to yourself - I love dhansak and I love dal palak. Why don't I add some frozen spinach to my dhansak as I need to get my vegetables in and I'm not supposed to go to the store?

Lesson learned - if you add too much spinach all you taste is spinach. Not very good at all...

« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 02:42 AM by romain »

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: March 27, 2020, 04:30 AM »
Could have been worse - you could have had kale instead of spinach! As a Scot, I love my porridge, but kale is just a step too far!

Offline Madrasandy

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: March 27, 2020, 07:03 AM »
Not tea but breakfast
Grilled bacon, tomato, egg on toast with a good splash of my hot chilli ketchup
Brilliant kick start to the day

Offline mickyp

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: March 27, 2020, 08:41 AM »
One of my favs is half a tsp of Mr Naga pickle in a tin of beans microwaved and poured over wholemeal toast spread thinly with peanut butter, a kick with texture

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: March 27, 2020, 10:02 AM »
I did the doner-in-a-tin.  The meat worked out quite well actually.  The real trick is mastering the sauces.  Lebanese / pita bread is easy to come by.  Fresh salad, tabbouleh and hummus are easy.  It's all in the sauce IMHO.

Tonight was Pizza night at the Livo's place.  Pizza from scratch is a big day Aussie style, (yes, pineapple and prawns).  Not much left though and number 2 daughter made a desert pizza with the one leftover base. 

Eight in total.  Everybody makes their own.  Meat-lovers with pepperoni and Barbecue sauce for the boys (sacrilege).  Hawaiian with prawns for number 1 daughter (I'm quite partial to this as well).  Wifey and number 2 daughter go with a satay base sauce, BBQ chicken breast, roast pumpkin, feta cheese, baby spinach and mushroom, while I prefer the more Mediterranean savory style of topping.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 10:13 AM by livo »

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: March 27, 2020, 12:42 PM »
Food, glorious food!!!!  Great offerings from all.  Last nights simple dinner - cottage pie with a nice cheesy mash

Offline JonG

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: March 27, 2020, 01:26 PM »
Are pics de rigeur in this thread?  Don

Offline Gav Iscon

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: March 27, 2020, 04:09 PM »

And this seems like a perfect time to try out loveitspicy's Doner-in-a-Tin - the one I said I would do years ago and never quite got around to it! Well, if I can buy minced lamb in the rapidly-emptying shops, that is!

I picked some up some lamb mince in Aldi last week for home made doner. I have used beef mince before with good results. Its just about scratching that itch that most men seem to have :umy: :umy: :smile2: :smile2:

And let me know what its like as i'm always up for some homemade kebab. Most of the ones I've done lately have involved some doner mixed spices from various places. Still nice though.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 04:32 PM by Gav Iscon »

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: March 27, 2020, 10:08 PM »
...a good splash of my hot chilli ketchup

"Tomhurto" lol! :D

©2024 Curry Recipes