Author Topic: Should George resign  (Read 20965 times)

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Should George resign
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2015, 10:10 PM »
The fact that there was a poll does not make it democratic Phil. You can't run your own election whenever you want. Not how democracy works I'm afraid.

Offline Madrasandy

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2015, 10:11 PM »
Isnt George and dc same person? he would have voted no so dc vote is void 17-1 lol

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2015, 10:11 PM »
The fact that there was a poll does not make it democratic Phil. You can't run your own election whenever you want. Not how democracy works I'm afraid.

Construe, please.
** Phil.

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2015, 10:12 PM »
It was 18-3 last I looked.

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2015, 10:17 PM »

Construe, please.
** Phil.
Democracy is the election of leaders or changes to a constitution by method of organised polling under the governance of an electoral commission.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2015, 10:20 PM »
Thank you !  However ...

Quote from: Oxford English Dictionary
a. Government by the people; esp. a system of government in which all the people of a state or polity (or, esp. formerly, a subset of them meeting particular conditions) are involved in making decisions about its affairs, typically by voting to elect representatives to a parliament or similar assembly; (more generally) a system of decision-making within an institution, organization, etc., in which all members have the right to take part or vote. In later use often more widely, with reference to the conditions characteristically obtaining under such a system: a form of society in which all citizens have equal rights, ignoring hereditary distinctions of class or rank, and the views of all are tolerated and respected; the principle of fair and equal treatment of everyone in a state, institution, organization, etc.

Offline Graeme

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2015, 10:23 PM »
When i voted it was 19 (let him go) and 2 to keep him.

so where has the votes gone ?

This should be taken to Admin, can someone explain to admin whats been going on.

i started no thread and once again no apology from the mod for getting it wrong again..

Help !!

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2015, 10:23 PM »
From preceding posts, is there a suggestion that George has been pockling the poll with duplicate identities?

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2015, 10:25 PM »
Isnt George and dc same person? he would have voted no so dc vote is void 17-1 lol

Who is DC? It's certainly not me. I'm afraid this is the sort of misinformation I'm being subject to, mostly from members like you who have used very bad language, and then harbour a grudge when I moderate it out. It's all so predictable.

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2015, 10:28 PM »
When i voted it was 19 (let him go) and 2 to keep him.

so where has the votes gone ?

This should be taken to Admin, can someone explain to admin whats been going on.

i started no thread and once again no apology from the mod for getting it wrong again..

Help !!

I'm sorry I thought it was you that started the thread and poll.

©2024 Curry Recipes