Author Topic: Chicken Curry with Potatoes and Spinach  (Read 1389 times)

Offline AzFoodie

• Chef
    • View Profile
Chicken Curry with Potatoes and Spinach
« on: April 19, 2015, 11:22 PM »
This was my Sunday experiment.  Not an Indian curry.  Not a Thai curry.  Closest I can come to a category is maybe a Malaysian curry.

Chicken thighs and potatoes marinated with Madras curry powder, G&G paste, kecap manis, fish sauce, and curry leaves.

Couple of tablespoons of oil with a bay leaf, stick of cinnamon, star anise and black cardamom.

Add chicken and potatoes with the marinade.  This is what it looks like after sauteing on medium for about 20 minutes.

Add a cup and a half of gravy base and the same amount of water.  Bring to boil on medium high heat.  Cover, reduce to low heat, and simmer for 20 mins.

Add a third of a cup of coconut cream.  Simmer on medium till the curry reaches the desired consistency.

Add a couple of handfulls of spinach leaves.  Taste for seasoning, and done!

The final product!

littlechilie

Re: Chicken Curry with Potatoes and Spinach
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 11:48 PM »
AzFoodie that looks like a good bowl of curry, how did it taste or compare to what you were aiming for?
LC.

Offline AzFoodie

• Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Chicken Curry with Potatoes and Spinach
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 01:01 AM »
LC - it was good, thx.  It tasted more Indian than I thought it would.  Next time I will leave out the bay leaf and cardamom, and replace the curry leaf with lemongrass and kaffir lime leaves.

©2024 Curry Recipes