Author Topic: Best, worst, and most memorable curry experiences.  (Read 1145 times)

Offline zomodachi

• Chef
    • View Profile
Best, worst, and most memorable curry experiences.
« on: April 21, 2015, 04:39 PM »
I still have vivid memories of my dad feeding me ridiculously hot vindaloo aged 10. Shaped my curry eating habits for a lifetime. Live in Japan now and still searching for a proper face-meltingly hot curry over here.

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Best, worst, and most memorable curry experiences.
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 07:15 PM »
Interesting post, zom.

I was born in 1963, and, where I lived, there were no Indian restaurants/takeaways while I was growing up - just a chippy :) As I got into my teens, the chippy started selling that horrible, yellow, curry sauce and the work's canteen started to serve similar dishes with raisins in it (pause to puke). So those were probably my worst curry experiences (a couple of dodgy ones in Lyon and Montpellier last year too)

Leading on from that; when I had my first 'proper' BIR in a restaurant in Hamilton (think I had some kind of Chasni), I was blown away. Totally different flavour/texture, and I was hooked. That is probably my most memorable curry experience because, up until then, it had been Chippy curries and Vesta.

My best curry experience? Hard to say. A few years back, whilst visiting my brother in Solihull, had a Murgh Makhani from his local takeaway which was to die for. Haven't tasted anything better since.

©2024 Curry Recipes