Author Topic: Sachins - Newcastle  (Read 2849 times)

Offline D666UK

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
Sachins - Newcastle
« on: November 27, 2006, 10:40 PM »
I would highly recommend a visit to this restaurant if your ever in Newcastle.
We went there for a meal and i cant for the life of me remember the dish's name i had but it was tremendous.
When we looked at the menu we were both a bit puzzled as it was a lot different to the menus we had previously seen in other restaurants; However, the staff must have been used to seeing the puzzled expression upon our faces as they were quick to help us out and asking if it was our first time at Sachins, they went on to explain what each meal was and explaining that the dishes will look different to what me might be used to as they cook in a different way. We wernt too sure what that meant but we ordered with the help of the staff.
When the meal arrived we were surprised as it didn't look that good to look at. (I guess we are used to the artificially brighter versions)
We tucked in and it was amazing, the lamb seemed to melt in your mouth and all the tastes complemented each other. Whilst the portions are not of the largest you'll see they are just right.
No ill feelings the next day, no delicate stomach or the classic excess wind either.  ;D
They have a menu on their website http://www.sachins.co.uk/ and as you'll see its a bit different from what the novice restaurant eater might be used too.
All the same i would highly recommend a visit.

Offline Chilli Prawn

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
Re: Sachins - Newcastle
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 10:58 AM »
Hi D666, I checked it out.  How refreshing to find a retaurant that isn't Bangladeshi (no offence meant),  A great menu full of traditional Punjabi dishes.  I prefer Punjabi food to all the other regions (but I do love them all) and I quite often make these dishes for the family and friends, although, with the exception of our Punjabi Lamb and Sabzis, our customers generally prefer the usual high st style.  It is a pity you can't remember the dish(es) you had as I probably have the original recipes for them.

Welcome again to the Forum
CP

Offline Jkhoury

• Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Sachins - Newcastle
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 02:10 PM »
Definitely different from the 'traditional restaurants', however sounds extremely tasty. I'll be up in newcastle in the coming days and will try to find some time to check it out.

©2024 Curry Recipes