Author Topic: TripAdvisor  (Read 2836 times)

Offline Gav Iscon

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
TripAdvisor
« on: April 25, 2015, 11:39 AM »
Sent in my B3ta newsletter, heres some TripAdvisor reviews written about some top tourist places. Reading them I reckon they could have easily been written by a couple of members on here.. ;D ;D ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVJzC8c32Lg

Offline Onions

• Elite Curry Master
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: TripAdvisor
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2015, 12:03 PM »
Great stuff. Loved the review of CHrist the Redeemer. 'After getting the tram up, we could only see the feet' :D  :D

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2015, 01:03 PM »
I cannot help but feel that there is more than a smidgeon of truth in some of those reviews.  My own experience of Niagara Falls, for example, mirrored that of the reviewer (the Falls are just off the main road -- if they were hard to get to, the experience of seeing them would almost certainly be many times better), and my experience of the Big Buddha on Phuket was not dissimilar to that of the reviewer who complained of being able to see only Christ's feet (one cannnot get far enough away from the Big Buddha once at his level to really appreciate his size -- a viewing platform is badly needed).  Even Angkor Wat, stunning though it was, was better imagined than seen.  I fear that Machu Pichu would probably be the same.  We build up these images in our mind to the point where the reality can rarely if ever match our expectations. I experienced exactly the same when visiting the Outer Hebrides for the first time -- I had built up an image in my mind that could only be described as "truly magical" but once I had set foot on the islands that magic was lost forever.  It is for this reason that I will never visit either the Galapagos Islands or Antarctica -- I need to keep some places as truly magical, if I am not to die a saddened, disappointed and embittered man.  Who can ever forget the pain of learning that Father Christmas does not really exist ?  Christmas is truly magical for a child, and once that magic is lost it can never be regained.

** Phil.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 06:20 PM by Phil [Chaa006] »

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2015, 01:08 PM »
Reading them I reckon they could have easily been written by a couple of members on here.. ;D ;D ;D

And I'm accused of being provocative? Which members do you have in mind, exactly?

Thanks for the link. It's a good video but I would guess some of the comments have been taken out of context. Did you post it only in order to have a dig at members on here who may dare to be a bit sceptical about some of the ideas being expressed and/or products being marketed?

Have you never been to a tourist destination where the reality fell a bit short of expectations built up by professional photos and videos?

Offline Madrasandy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2015, 02:49 PM »
Great video Gav and very true  ;)

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2015, 03:13 PM »
What would be your reviews after visiting CRO?

Offline Les

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2015, 03:21 PM »
7/10, must try harder  ;D, too much bitchin ;)
but when it comes to BIR, definitely, the bee's knees.

Offline Stu-pot

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2015, 07:22 PM »
Sent in my B3ta newsletter, heres some TripAdvisor reviews written about some top tourist places. Reading them I reckon they could have easily been written by a couple of members on here.. ;D ;D ;D

I can believe that too....    ;D ;D  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

©2024 Curry Recipes