Author Topic: Ghee Rice my version  (Read 8023 times)

Offline Curry addict bob

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Ghee Rice my version
« on: May 03, 2015, 05:56 PM »
Here is my version of ghee rice

http://youtu.be/JEhmhGj53A8
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 11:48 PM by Curry addict bob »

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Ghee Rice my version
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2015, 06:43 PM »
Lovely video again, Bob. Hopefully the music will be more to Phil's liking this time ;)

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2015, 06:51 PM »
Lovely video again, Bob. Hopefully the music will be more to Phil's liking this time ;)
No, I killed this one after only five seconds.  Perhaps someone could explain (in the "off-topic replies" thread, please) what purpose the muzak is intended to serve -- for me, it is a complete and utter turn-off, reducing what could (and should) be an educational and informative video documentary into a pointless waste of time.  Sorry, Bob, because I really would like to watch and learn from your videos.

** Phil.

Offline Curry addict bob

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2015, 07:04 PM »
No, I killed this one after only five seconds.  Perhaps someone could explain (in the "off-topic replies" thread, please) what purpose the muzak is intended to serve -- for me, it is a complete and utter turn-off, reducing what could (and should) be an educational and informative video documentary into a pointless waste of time.  Sorry, Bob, because I really would like to watch and learn from your videos.

** Phil.
That's ok Phil but I do have my reasons
Regards Bob.

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2015, 07:13 PM »

** Phil.

I think it's 'on topic' to reply on this thread. Still haven't found that mute button?

Since you gave up Premier League football management, you have gone right doonhill ;)

Offline Onions

• Elite Curry Master
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2015, 07:19 PM »
Do we have a major contribution to our knowledge here?!  ;)

Offline Curry addict bob

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2015, 07:25 PM »
Thanks Garp apparently not to phils liking he doesn't like music on them! He could mute the volume down and read the titles happen.

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2015, 08:14 PM »
Thanks Garp apparently not to phils liking he doesn't like music on them! He could mute the volume down and read the titles happen.

I think most sane people are thinking the same. Keep up the good work with the videos, Bob. I never really mastered the absorption method for rice, but yours looks nice :)

Offline Curry addict bob

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2015, 08:22 PM »

I think most sane people are thinking the same. Keep up the good work with the videos, Bob. I never really mastered the absorption method for rice, but yours looks nice :)
Don't be afraid to use a good knob of ghee it stops the rice sticking together.

Offline SoberRat

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2015, 10:01 PM »
Good looking rice. Nice and fluffy. I use a mix of seasoned oil and ghee and I think the ghee adds a nice flavour. In the video it says coriander seeds, but were they not cumin seeds? I thought coriander seeds were rounder.

©2024 Curry Recipes