Poll

How many others still regularly deep fat fry food at home in the week for meals?

0-2 times per month
3-5 times per month
6-8 times per month
9-12 times per month
13-more times per month

Author Topic: How much deep fat frying do we do?  (Read 5676 times)

Offline Sverige

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: How much deep fat frying do we do?
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2015, 06:40 AM »
I do make use of my deep fryer quite often, more than I thought I would

How much do you weigh, if you don't mind me asking?

59kg, with a BMI of about 19.2.  I'm in the best shape of my adult life right now. Weight problems, in my opinion, are not about what you eat so much as how much you eat over a long term average. 

As livo has posted with his story about the full fat diet of his friend, eating fatty foods can help satisfy your hunger in a way that stops you over eating, or continuously snacking through the day as some people do when they're denying themselves the food they really crave and are always hungry as a result. I eat what I want to "scratch that itch" then after a big meal will tend to eat much less at other mealtimes because my appetite has been properly satisfied.

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2015, 11:07 AM »
Exactly right Sverige. Eating a high fat diet and avoiding carbs actually prevents hunger feelings or cravings for carbs.  Carbohydrates actually make you feel hungry even when you aren't. They are an addiction.

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2015, 09:20 PM »
59kg, with a BMI of about 19.2. 

That's amazing. I never realised that fat could almost be good for you.

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2015, 09:44 PM »
That's amazing. I never realised that fat could almost be good for you.

'Almost' being the crucial word, George. I would take advice from a professional medic before an internet forum poster.

A high fat and dairy diet may, indeed, be suitable if you need to lose weight drastically; but it has other consequences if you are not in that position.

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2015, 12:23 AM »
Exactly right Garp, and I, as an internet forum poster, am not suggesting anybody just go out and do this without proper medical guidance and due diligence, as is the case with the personal friend I mention.  I do mention that he is under a doctors care in relation to this eating program.
Upon his doctors advice,

I should think that this "diet" will not be sustained over any prolonged period either.  Once the weight is gone it would most likely be more appropriate to return to a more healthy balanced diet, albeit not necessarily without fats.

The point I try to make is that "fats" are not necessarily bad for you.  There is also a wide variability in how individuals react to the consumption of fats, or anything for that matter.  What is good for one may not be for another.

©2024 Curry Recipes