Author Topic: NaanTastic  (Read 9581 times)

Offline Curry addict bob

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: NaanTastic
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2015, 09:02 PM »
All the years I've been making curries etc the one thing that I've not put major effort into is making naans! Don't get me wrong I can make them ok but I've never tried to push the boat out! Can anyone explain how to make them without a crispy bottom.

littlechilie

« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2015, 09:10 PM »
Hey Bob,

When we place a heavy dough on a flat hot plate and press it down it creates a crisp flag bottom, the crisp is from the mixture but the flat bottom if from the hot pan and no lift in the base.

When a Naan cooks in a tandoor only the centre sticks fast to the wall, the edges lift! This rounds off the edges of the Naan bread.

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2015, 09:13 PM »
Garp, I gave you a serious answer

We'll let the general body of the forum make their own minds up on that point Littlechild :)

littlechilie

« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2015, 09:15 PM »
Garp I have asked in my own words stop trolling my thread please.

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2015, 09:21 PM »
I have said before that if you post on a public forum, it is not your thread. You have been asked to answer a few questions and repeatedly refuse to do so - that tells us all something.

But I will not post any more on my thread here. Because it is pointless.

By the way, H4ppy naans have a lovely soft bottom and the recipe/method is freely available :)

Offline Curry addict bob

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2015, 09:24 PM »
Hey Bob,

When we place a heavy dough on a flat hot plate and press it down it creates a crisp flag bottom, the crisp is from the mixture but the flat bottom if from the hot pan and no lift in the base.

When a Naan cooks in a tandoor only the centre sticks fast to the wall, the edges lift! This rounds off the edges of the Naan bread.

Ok pal you obviously have your reasons for not posting your naan recipe and I respect that!
But now I've seen your naans it's got me interested in making them the crispy bottom ones are good but I'm always up for a challenge so I will put my thinking cap on and see if I can master the art of making the fluffy version.

Regards Bob.

littlechilie

« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2015, 09:30 PM »
Good man Bob, I'm sure you can get a good idea of the science. Your posts have shown your more than capable of working it all out.

Offline Madrasandy

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2015, 09:52 PM »
Cheers lc, got to make a batch of naan dough this week, think I know exactly what to do now for cooking them , keep up the good work  ;)

©2024 Curry Recipes