Author Topic: Brilliant  (Read 5082 times)

Offline Chilli Prawn

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
Re: Brilliant
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2006, 10:36 AM »
Hi KP,  We have created fixed areas called Recipes Index and hints and tips .  The idea being that we develop a theme, e.g. a recipe, or a 'how to' and then plonk it in the Recipes index, or hints and tips as appropriate.  So if it is your input on processes or content not recipes then maybe you should start it off in 'Lets Talk Curry'. The latter would probably be better as you can be sure that the thread will explode with questions and feedback for a while; then when it is developed and stable you can post the outcome in Hints & Tips.  The idea behind this is it becomes a reference area so that Newbies and Oldies et al do not have to go through complex searches.  IMHO of course ;D

CP

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2006, 02:02 PM »
Hi KP,  We have created fixed areas called Recipes Index and hints and tips .  The idea being that we develop a theme, e.g. a recipe, or a 'how to' and then plonk it in the Recipes index, or hints and tips as appropriate.  So if it is your input on processes or content not recipes then maybe you should start it off in 'Lets Talk Curry'. The latter would probably be better as you can be sure that the thread will explode with questions and feedback for a while; then when it is developed and stable you can post the outcome in Hints & Tips.  The idea behind this is it becomes a reference area so that Newbies and Oldies et al do not have to go through complex searches.  IMHO of course ;D

CP

;D.....could you please rephrase all of that CP!!!!  You've confused me now! ;D  :P ;)

Offline Chilli Prawn

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2006, 04:59 PM »
You are right Cory  :-[ (as bloody usual  ;D ;D ;) )  I was in a hurry when I wrote it and did not re-read it afterwards.  I will put my teeth in and say it again ::)

We have all had problems with putting together a final conclusion to something, e.g. recipe, because the threads on a subject get very long and often digress  :-[.  In addition because with have collected lots of information about methods, processes, and ingredients, this information was also getting lost in the fog.

So we decided that we would have specific areas where the subject when finished, collated, and tidied up could be placed, like a reference library. 

We have a Hints & Tips section for everything that is not a Recipe.

We have a British Indian Restaurant Recipes section for all (non authentic) recipes a la High St outlet. The latter also has a section called the Index. 

The way this should work is that when a recipe is posted, lots of peeps will contribute, argue, try out, and feed back their results, which will make the thread long and complex.  So when you think the subject topic is exhausted, you collate all the information and post the final recipe to the Index.

Hints and Tips is similar except that when you post the final collation you ask Admin to delete all the previous trivia and superfluous stuff.

Forget what I said about posting initially to 'Lets Talk Curry', I think I was having a senior chilli moment  :-[

Hope this clears things up, and thanks Cory my friend for pointing out the crap!  No offence taken as always.  Maybe Stew should put something like this in the Guidelines (or maybe he has but I haven't the time to look now)  ;D ;D

Soryy KP for all this, but thats what happens now and agin in this lovely madhouse.

CP

So

Offline King Prawn

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2006, 03:12 PM »
Thanks CP!

It's now all as clear as vindaloo sauce!

I'll post in the next few weeks when I hope to get some time.

KP(V)

©2024 Curry Recipes