Author Topic: The current obsession with so-called "healthy eating"  (Read 5093 times)

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: The current obsession with so-called "healthy eating"
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2015, 10:02 AM »
"To use this pan use good amount of hot beef dripping and fry eggs as desired".

I love it !  I am going to typeset three sticky labels of exactly the right shape and size with your wording and stick them to the existing sleeves :)

** Phil.

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2015, 10:04 AM »
Out of interest, do you fry your bacon in loads of fat too?

Yes, and the fat that remains after frying goes back into the dripping pot, so my "beef dripping" isn't pure beef dripping but rather beef dripping augmented with the natural fats from whatever's been cooked in it.  And as my preferred bacon is green streaky (because I love the fat content), the dripping pot is usually fuller after cooking bacon rather than emptier -- sadly the reverse is true after cooking a roast joint because the roast potatoes soak up quite a lot.  Equal first in choice of bacon is green middle, because that often comes with rind which is (to my mind) the best part of all.

** Phil.

Offline nursebetty

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2015, 05:46 PM »
I bought a really good set of stainless steels pots and pans from Argos years ago and they lasted yrs
Bought new ones from EBay and my god even with oil the eggs frying stick to pan, I should have known cause they were very lightweight.
I do like Tefal for frying eggs no need to add oil or butter

©2024 Curry Recipes