Author Topic: Kodi aka xbmc  (Read 20322 times)

Offline mr.mojorisin

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Kodi aka xbmc
« on: June 22, 2015, 07:14 PM »
Anyone use Kodi ?

i have an Amazon Fire TV box which i have sideloaded Kodi onto.

got the usual stuff like IPTV stalker, Genesis, SALTS, Phoenix, etc.

looking for some other good repos/ addons that people use.

thanks

Offline Tomdip

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Kodi aka xbmc
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 09:07 PM »
I have the same side-loaded on my fire tv stick.  I tend to stick with Genesis as that has all I need. 

Offline DalPuri

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 08:22 AM »
Yes, love it.  :)
Been using it for a while now. Started off with navi x, mashup and hammys channel. Navi x is good for live TV streams, especially sports. Have installed lots of different repos in the past but they're all much of a muchness really.
Used to use 1channel before all the blocks but got tired of looking for a new address fix. Nowadays I use genesis with no problems at all. Great HD links and no buffering.
Ftv(filmon) for freeview and US TV and occasionally solar movies if I can't find a link.
What I like most about xbmc (kodi) is the settings.
The ability to change contrast and brightness without the need to change it on a monitor or TV.(not with android unfortunately) And the audio adjust if there's any syncing problems. And NO ADDS!  :)

p.s. if you haven't already, fusion is the only repo you'll ever need.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5eIBVbWPK8

;)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 09:25 AM by DalPuri »

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2015, 08:29 AM »
Could anyone translate this thread into comprehensible English ?  I am no technophobe, having spent most of my life in telecommunications, electronics and IT, but I have absolutely no idea what this thread is about at all.

** Phil.

Offline DalPuri

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2015, 09:29 AM »
XBMC is a media centre. It is not a streaming service. It aggregates all of your videos into TV shows and Movies, as well as music and music videos, and displays it in the most beautiful fashion of all media centres. It is software that you install. It is not a box you buy, although you can buy some hardware with xbmc preinstalled.

Some addons allow you to stream content, including Netflix and Hulu, as well as some less than legal addons that do it for free. But xbmc does not support illegal content.

You can plug your pvr into it if you have a compatible pvr and service provider, but DSTv refuse to integrate with third party media systems, so it doesn't work in SA.

XBMC is imo the best, and most attractive media centre and media player available. Hands down...

Taken from here: http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php/590431-XBMC-explained

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2015, 09:45 AM »
Aha.  Thank you Frank.  Still no idea what any of "navi x, mashup, hammys, repos, 1channel, genesis " are, but at least I now understand the Universe of Discourse.

** Phil.

Offline Gav Iscon

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2015, 09:50 AM »
Genesis, Phoenix and NotFilmOn for me on an Android box (also run it on my PC). I think I've installed Fusion on it as well but the missus mainly watches it so can't remember.Was the easiest way for the missus to watch TV in the kitchen. I use one of the home electrical plug systems for the network connection and its great. I really to to clean out all the unused stuff on it.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2015, 10:09 AM »
I do believe I am beginning to understand how the last dinosaur felt, when he saw all the incomprehensible (to him) creatures that were beginning to emerge ...

Offline Ghoulie

• Indian Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2015, 12:36 PM »
I have Kodi on my laptop.  Gr8 - able to watch films the missus won't go to see.

Robin Hood is apparently ano good addon.

Anyone wanting to try Kodi on their kit - go onto Youtube for talk through demo - it's all on there.  Load it up and stream watch all the films, sport tv progs you will ever need - foc

Offline gazman1976

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2015, 01:53 PM »
If you like Kodi then do this

TO INSTALL THE WIZARD
 settings > file manager > add source
 click on box where it says none and add http://chrisbkodi.uk/kodi click done
 Add ons > install from zip > click on kodi then plugin.video.chrisbwizard 1.0.2 zip
 Wait until you see the pop up
 Chrisb wizard enabled
 Add ons > programmes > programme add ons > click Chris b wizard 1.0.2 >
 Install chrisb1810 build

©2024 Curry Recipes