Author Topic: Kodi aka xbmc  (Read 20289 times)

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: Kodi aka xbmc
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2015, 01:32 PM »
Thank you Dave; you're very kind, but it's a challenge I don't need.  I never watch terrestrial television, watch satellite television only for things like the Tour de France, never listen to music (other than the very occasional concert by choirs such as Harry Christophers' "The Sixteen" [1]), and if I want to watch a film I download it using uTorrent, convert it to something my Blu-ray players can handle, and watch it in bed while I wait to go to sleep.  So I can't imagine Kodi/XBMC (?"XML-based media centre"?)
playing much of a r
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 01:58 PM by Phil [Chaa006] »

Offline daveyham

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2015, 01:41 PM »
Glad to helped you Phil.
It seems you time it spoken for at the moment.
Good luck with your task.
Dave.

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2015, 01:46 PM »
It seems your time is spoken for at the moment.
You can't believe how busy a man can be when he's seven years into retirement !

Good luck with your task.
Many thanks, Dave.
** Phil.

Offline Ghoulie

• Indian Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2015, 10:22 PM »
Sorted - put the chris one back on & get an excellent skin to use.

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2015, 10:52 PM »
Phil, if you have any, put a grandchild in front of it.  There is no scientific explanation for it but it is widely recognised that children are able to sort this stuff out without instruction or prior exposure.  It is believed to be an aspect of adaptation of species, where a new generation appear to be already conversant with new technology in advance.  I witnessed it first hand with my nephew who mastered extreme levels of competence with computers and gaming consoles at a ridiculously early age (pre-literate) as though it was completely normal and almost "built in".

Offline gazman1976

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2015, 07:12 AM »
Hi Phil I have Chris's build on my Windows 7 desktop, android mobile and android set-top box, I'm pretty good with Kodi, I can take screen shots of what you have to do if that helps you?

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2015, 10:45 AM »
Hi Phil I have Chris's build on my Windows 7 desktop, android mobile and android set-top box, I'm pretty good with Kodi, I can take screen shots of what you have to do if that helps you?

That's very kind of you, but I have genuinely decided to cut my losses on this one.  I spent a day playing with it, and thought I could cope until I tried to install Total Installer, where things went belly-up as soon as I tried to switch to the "Amber" skin as instructed; I then couldn't start part 2 of the instructions (something to do with the GUI) because as soon as I switched to "Amber" I lost the [X] button to close windows, so could never complete part 1.

Anyhow, as I observed to Daveyham, I can't see XBMC ever becoming central to my life, so having invested a day of my life trying to get to grips with it I shall now cut my losses and return to the IT world that I understand !

Phil, if you have any, put a grandchild in front of it. 

Ah, that would have to be someone else's grandchild, since Khanh & I have no children, let alone grandchildren, by choice !

** Phil.

Offline Les

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2015, 05:10 PM »
Ah, that would have to be someone else's grandchild, since Khanh & I have no children, let alone grandchildren, by choice !

** Phil.

So, there is no one to remember you when you are gone Phil.

Offline gazman1976

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2015, 06:27 PM »
Don't need to switch to Amber, when installed all u do is turn off pc fully then back on

Offline Ghoulie

• Indian Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2015, 03:02 PM »
xmovies8 is another good free easy to use site for free film watching etc.

https://xmovies8.orf/latest movies

©2024 Curry Recipes