Author Topic: Chicken Biryani & Tikka Masala  (Read 9526 times)

littlechilie

Re: Chicken Biryani & Tikka Masala
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2015, 01:07 PM »
Here is an image of a My Biryani just after it's finished steaming, it didn't need the coriander but I had some chopped on the side, the crisp fried  brown onions on top are essential to my taste.

There is enough for 10 portions here.

}

Offline fried

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2015, 06:44 PM »
Fried onions are a definite must!

I think I'll go back and try Biryani again, I cook on induction and I just need to sort out the timings. Thanks Dalpuri for the comments, I now remember that I should try putting a frying pan under the saucepan.

Cooking the meat seperately works fine but I'd like to master the one-pot style.

Apparently a good chef can tell when it's ready by hitting the outside of the pot and listening to the sound it makes.

*If anyone's interested in trying it there's a very good 'sour berry pulao' recipe in Rick Stein's India book, which while not a biryani is a very dish cooking the meat first.

littlechilie

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2015, 08:02 PM »
Looks fantastic lc, great effort and great looking food.
Thanks for sharing, what is the Vanchef recipe please?
That masala sauce is getting made , my step daughter and boyfriend will love that. :)

Hi Andy just for your interest I defrosted a portion of Mick's Masala sauce for the wife tonight ::) anyhow this is the sauce after 1 month in the freezer with nothing added apart form the chicken! It's colour is still perfect on the flavour spot on, I freeze in portions so I just added a little water and reduced for 5 mins.
Perfect.

}

Offline Madrasandy

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2015, 08:28 PM »
Cheers lc, very handy to know. Not sure when my next family gathering will be, but this will be made for the occasion.  :)

Offline Onions

• Elite Curry Master
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2015, 07:04 AM »
Fried onions are a definite must!

I think I'll go back and try Biryani again, I cook on induction and I just need to sort out the timings. Thanks Dalpuri for the comments, I now remember that I should try putting a frying pan under the saucepan.

Cooking the meat seperately works fine but I'd like to master the one-pot style.

Apparently a good chef can tell when it's ready by hitting the outside of the pot and listening to the sound it makes.

*If anyone's interested in trying it there's a very good 'sour berry pulao' recipe in Rick Stein's India book, which while not a biryani is a very dish cooking the meat first.

Yep dum style only way to go

©2024 Curry Recipes