Author Topic: Chicken Madras  (Read 10041 times)

Online martinvic

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Chicken Madras
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2015, 12:17 PM »
Is that just a teaspoon of Tom Puree SR?

Offline SoberRat

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2015, 01:55 PM »
Do you find it makes a difference or is it purely procedural?
I've never tried it the other way around TBH. It will be interesting to see if there is a difference  for you Al.

Is that just a teaspoon of Tom Puree SR?
Yes it is mate, i use measuring spoons, I should have mentioned that. It was slightly heaped too i guess. I actually just went with a gut feeling and wrote this down afterwards, but it was very much an experiment.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 02:55 PM by SoberRat »

Online martinvic

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2015, 05:54 PM »
OK, only asked because I don't think I've seen so little tom puree used in a recipe before.

Offline fried

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2015, 06:47 PM »
Thanks for the recipe and 'method' SR.  As someone who has always added the tomato puree after the spice mix powder it'll be interesting to see if there's any difference in flavor, consistency etc.  Do you find it makes a difference or is it purely procedural?

Best
Al

I've tried adding mix powder first, puree and powder at the same time and lastly puree before mix powder.

My completely subjective opinion is that puree first gives very slightly better results. It could of course have just been luck given the sample size.

Nice looking Madras SR by the way.

Offline alarmist10

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2015, 02:20 AM »
Thanks SR........and for sharing your experience Fried.  I'll try the puree first next time to see if there's any difference in the final result.

Best
Al

Offline SoberRat

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2015, 03:06 PM »
Made a madras again using this recipe. I did notice i didn't mention the quantity of g/g paste, its 1 tsp just in case anyone wants to try this recipe. I am convinced that this is as close as i can get to my local restaurant. The amount of chilli powder is to taste if you prefer milder or hotter.

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2015, 03:28 PM »
Looks right up my street SR, nice and saucy, perfect for dipping your favourite Indian bread in. Also has just the right amount of oil for me.

Will give it a try when I get back from my hols  :)

Offline SoberRat

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2015, 04:37 PM »
Thanks buddy. Its what I like in a madras too, plenty of sauce, some for the rich and as you say any kind of flat bread. I hope you like it. Enjoy your hols.

Offline fried

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2015, 06:34 PM »
I have to agree, just the right amount of oil for me too. I don't like adding too much then scooping it off. Without tasting it looks good. What are you using as chilli powder?

Offline SoberRat

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2015, 08:16 PM »
What are you using as chilli powder?

I'm using half and half deggi mirch and kashmiri mirch but i guess any chilli powder will be ok, i just used these because that's what I have right now.

©2024 Curry Recipes