Author Topic: Addiction or way of life?  (Read 5910 times)

Offline Geoffbrick

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Addiction or way of life?
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2015, 09:27 AM »
HI,Garp,Phil,MM,&Zera,

Think you are 100p/cent right Garp,though the "good old days"often weren't that good,but you leaves the day and enjoyed it.Started off my working life in an apprenticeship,the money was low so things were tight to start with,but it made you appreciate things more,become selective out of necessity.

A few years on,was experiencing more of the curry/Balti growth and particularly enjoyed the Baltis,bring your own beer,enjoy the piping hot karahi meal with plenty of naans and chappatis,everyone just dug in.

The Balti triangle survives in Brum,still,and in my experience there are still some good Indian Restaurants.Its the T/a that make you more selective,because there is,as I said,some dross.

Enjoy your base construction Zera,I love trying and tweaking,that's all part of the fun.

Happy curries Geoffbrick

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2015, 02:40 PM »
The Balti triangle survives in Brum,still,and in my experience there are still some good Indian Restaurants.Its the T/a that make you more selective,because there is,as I said,some dross.

Spot on, Geoff. Restaurants and (some) TA's have a different target audience. If I go for a meal in an Indian restaurant, I want a nice environment, nice food, nice staff; many TA's cater for the people leaving the pub who probably can't remember what they ordered the night before, let alone how delicately spiced the dish was!

Hope the recovery is going well :)

Offline Geoffbrick

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2015, 10:58 PM »
How right you are re t/as and often the patrons!Recovery going ok,thanks,had a letter from the surgeon/consultant saying that everything went well,tests on goodly lump removed,were positively good.Don't think he was in league with Hannibal Lecter 're piece removed!

Back to original thread,feel we are addicted,but also selective,as you get older you appreciete things more.The "knowledge" gained, to take forward to your next dish.
On,bland,protein full dishes at present,per discharge request.Am getting taste,but not necessarily heat.Good practice.

Cheers Geoffbrick :)

©2024 Curry Recipes