Author Topic: Yorkshire Puddings Recipe  (Read 6771 times)

Offline Sverige

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Yorkshire Puddings Recipe
« on: August 09, 2015, 03:20 PM »
Yorkshire puddings

Yield 24 small puds
110g all purpose flour or ideally bread flour
150g milk (or 120g milk + 30g water)
Half teaspoon salt
2 Eggs

Yield 12 small puds
55g bread flour
75g milk (or 60g milk + 15g water)
Quarter teaspoon salt
1 Egg

Method: sieve flour into a bowl, add salt. Add eggs and a third of the milk to the flour and whisk to combine. Add remaining milk and whisk again. Rest for 5 mins then whisk for 30 secs

Preheat oven to fan 220C / gas mark 8 10 mins and place half tsp beef dripping into each well of bun tray then put into oven for ten mins to heat. Give batter final whisk then add 1 dessertspoonful into each well and bake 9/10 mins at fan 200C/gas mark 7 (turn oven down after putting them in). Note, place insulating material such as oven glove on work surface to prevent bun tray cooling while you spoon mix into it.

When cooked they can be put into a freezer bag and frozen, then just place in a hot oven (fan 170C / gas mark 5) for 3 mins to reheat from frozen.

Offline Curry addict bob

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Yorkshire Puddings Recipe
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2015, 08:24 PM »
Hi Sverige that's a typical Yorkshire pudding recipe being a Yorkshire man myself I've made and eaten thousands of them I must admit I've never made them from bread flour! I will post some photos next time a make them do you have any photos of yours
Regards Bob.

Offline loveitspicy

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2015, 10:23 PM »
Heres mine which is on my pork dinner post
140g all purpose flour
200 ml milk
4 eggs
salt and pepper -

Flour in a bowl - crack in eggs and whisk up until smooth batter - add milk gradually whilst whisking up until smooth batter. - ready......
Heat some tins in an oven at 220 degrees - put a little oil in put back in oven and heat the oil - then pour put the batter into the tins they will sizzle - put straight back in the oven and do not open oven door for about 15 / 20 mins depending on your oven.
Up the puds rise

best, Rich

Offline Sverige

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2015, 06:46 PM »
Hi Sverige that's a typical Yorkshire pudding recipe being a Yorkshire man myself I've made and eaten thousands of them I must admit I've never made them from bread flour! I will post some photos next time a make them do you have any photos of yours
Regards Bob.

Hi Bob. I don't have any photos right now but perhaps next time I make some I can remember to take one. I was surprised to find how well they freeze and baking ahead of time leads to stress free dinners, as with just a few mins in the hot oven direct from the freezer while the meat is being carved is enough to both defrost and make them warm and crispy again.

Offline Curry addict bob

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2015, 07:40 PM »
Hi Sverige yes they do freeze ok! but we always make ours fresh we never weight out the flour or measure the milk and water because we've made them that many
Times over the years we can do it all by eye with perfect results every time we do use two eggs in ours! It's the same mixture to make pancakes
Regards Bob.

Offline loveitspicy

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2015, 10:46 PM »
Bob - 2 eggs is the way to go for light Yorkshires and even a mix of milk and water -
If you like stodgy Yorkies 4 eggs -

Agreed eye balling the mix and it makes great pancakes

best, Rich

Offline hamidge

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2015, 11:53 AM »
Equal weight off eggs, plain flour milk(with a splash of water), pinch of salt whisk like crazy.
Leave to sit in fridge for a 2 hours minimum.
Get ya tins red hot with fat in, in a hot oven.
final whisk

cook for 20 mins lovely

Offline Curry addict bob

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2015, 02:04 PM »
Gaint Yorkshire pudding cooked in a gas oven! My daughter cooks hers in an electric electric oven and they rise better than ours.

Offline Les

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2015, 02:30 PM »
That looks like a Delia recipe Bob. ;D
Which I use if I'm in a hurry. ;)

Offline Curry addict bob

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2015, 04:00 PM »