Author Topic: New arrival, looking forward to exploring new recipes.  (Read 5122 times)

Offline madpower

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Re: New arrival, looking forward to exploring new recipes.
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2015, 12:17 AM »
sounds to me like you are making a one pot curry with you only using 2 onions,i cant say exactly but i would use quite a lot maybe half a mug cup full,as you probably know the oil carries the flavour through the curry so i use what looks like an excessive amount,i have my curry quite dry so once the oil rises to the top of the curry i can pour some off or try to leave it behind by tilting the spoon on the inside of the pan when it comes to serving.

Offline Karahi Master

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2015, 11:03 PM »
Cannot make a curry without oil. You are definitely right there. For all you health freaks out there trying to make a curry with 2 tspns of oil is like ordering fish and chips without the salt and vinegar. As you have rightly stated madpower the oil can be drained once the curry is complete.

That is prob one of the biggest repeat errors whenit comes to making a curry, using too little oil.

Offline AlooAloo

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2015, 03:10 AM »
Thanks everyone for the very warm welcome to the forums!

Thanks for the suggestions on the all-purpose spice mix. For the recipe I've tried so far, chewytikka suggested a particular spice blend which was actually quite cheap and easy to produce. I'll certainly keep my eye out for others, though.

I'm still learning at this and I don't want to stray too far from the recipes the wise folks here suggest, in case I end up ruining a good meal!

I'll be interested to hear what everyone else thinks works best, though.

©2024 Curry Recipes