Author Topic: Last Night's Dinner: Loveitspicy's Lamb Karahi  (Read 2166 times)

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Last Night's Dinner: Loveitspicy's Lamb Karahi
« on: September 19, 2015, 11:11 AM »
I've been meaning to make loveitspicy's Lamb Karahi for ages, but I never quite got around to it. I was spurred on when I ordered a Lamb Karahi from a local T/A - it was so good, I ordered it again a few days later - and I thought, "I really must give this recipe a go".

So, armed with a kilo of pork shoulder (but, sadly, no spinach) I set about preparing the dish. I deviated from the written recipe a little as I wanted to try and emulate the texture of my T/A curry, but I stuck as closely as I could to loveitspicy's guidelines.

I chopped half a small onion and half a green pepper into 2cm pieces and I pur

Offline fried

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Last Night's Dinner: Loveitspicy's Lamb Karahi
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2015, 12:11 PM »
I've been meaning to try this for ages too. It looks fantastic. I reckon that black pepper is one of the most under-rated spices going; it wasn't called the 'queen of spices' for nothing....however, did you really make Lamb karahi with a shoulder of pork? Fair play if you did :P.

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2015, 12:52 PM »
...however, did you really make Lamb karahi with a shoulder of pork? Fair play if you did :P.

Absolutely, I did! Ordinary pork shoulder joints bought from Asda, trimmed of fat, diced into big bite-sized chunks and pre-cooked according to loveitspicy's guidelines. Lovely and tender! :)

I also reduced the gravy right down when the lamb was ready and incorporated it into the curry. it added a fantastic depth of flavour.

Offline loveitspicy

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2015, 02:06 PM »
Well done

looks absolutely awesome to be honest

best, Rich

©2024 Curry Recipes