Author Topic: Hi from Chippenham  (Read 3592 times)

Offline Spaz

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
Hi from Chippenham
« on: October 01, 2015, 04:27 PM »
Hi All

Live in Chippenham, originally from Bradford, have cooked every recipe out of Kris Dillons curry secret, and most from the curry secret 2, and whilst they're ok, it's not the Kashmir restaurant of Bradford good, is it?  Look forward to trying some of the recipes, fav curry is Chicken Bhuna, and of course for starter onion bhaji, i'm a simple norvern lad at heart :)

Offline Geoffbrick

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Hi from Chippenham
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2015, 08:56 AM »
HI Spaz,
Welcome to the forum,you'll find many recipes and as much help,just ask!I would say that Kris Dhillon is a good start on your curry journey.I started similarly,then referred to Mick Crawford's book .From the forum I found CT,s pressure cooked base ,adapted,but hit the nail on the head for depth.Am using  "curry in a hurry" base posted here,used because relatives came down from over the border for my birthday.We all mucked in,had bhajis,pakoras,Pathias,Rogan josh,bhuna,and a small Korma.Enjoy your curry journey.

Cheers  Geoffbrick

Offline loveitspicy

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015, 02:34 PM »
I'm northern and Mick Crawford's books are a very good start mate

He has been in many a takeaway restaurant and has followed their way of cooking - Ideal start for anyone!

North of the Border over the wall - Scotland - Alex has a great variation in his ebook - again Alex although a professional actor works many hours in an actual takeaway restaurant - another knowledgeable fellow - the rest are on the band wagon of trying to make a million - with failed takeaways etc etc -
Very good recipes and vids from Mike Styne - alas on here Chewytikka - makes some great meals especially his late night supper threads - many others have good recipes.

best, Rich

Offline extrahotchillie

• Indian Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2015, 02:43 PM »
Hello & Welcome

Offline alarmist10

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2015, 08:36 AM »
Welcome to the forum, Spaz......and good luck with the currying.  If you are a Chicken Bhuna fan you might like to try the recipe from 976bar in the 'Main Dishes' section - beautiful taste and consistency and plenty of compliments from others who have cooked it.
Best
Al

Offline Madrasandy

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2015, 10:46 AM »
Welcome Spaz  :o
Yep Id also recommend that bhuna

Offline Karahi Master

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2015, 03:11 PM »
Found a nice chicken bhuna recipe with pictures on the following website under recipes (www.spice-e.co.uk). Looks the real deal.

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2015, 08:34 PM »
Found a nice chicken bhuna recipe with pictures on the following website under recipes (www.spice-e.co.uk). Looks the real deal.
Actually it doesn't look anything like a BIR bhuna.  However, it does look remarkebly like what you posted here:

http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php/topic,923.msg123079.html#msg123079

and here:

http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php/topic,14053.msg123070.html#msg123070

Do you get my point  ;)

Offline Karahi Master

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2015, 11:35 PM »
Haha caught red handed. Lets keep it hush hush just between me and you ;)

©2024 Curry Recipes