Author Topic: Saw this and thought of Garp!  (Read 4001 times)

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Saw this and thought of Garp!
« on: October 16, 2015, 10:49 PM »

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Saw this and thought of Garp!
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 11:20 PM »
Mmm, i'm surprised Garp wasn't all over this like a bad rash, given his love of the herb  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Gav Iscon

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2015, 11:32 PM »
I used to find coriander overpowering in a curry especially in one of the takeaways that was near to me.

Nowadays I'm eating in off the bunch on the way to the tills. Love the stuff  :) :P

Apparently chewing a few leaves is also good for those that suffer from Uri Geller breath.  ???

Offline loveitspicy

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2015, 04:27 AM »
I love the stuff and its so healthy - 

(taken off the net - i didnt have time to write it up)

The health benefits of coriander include its use in the treatment of skin inflammation , high cholesterol levels, diarrhea, mouth ulcers, anemia, indigestion, menstrual disorders, smallpox, conjunctivitis, skin disorders, and blood sugar disorders, while also benefiting eye care.

Coriander, commonly known as Dhania in the Indian Subcontinent and Cilantro in the Americas and some parts of Europe, is an herb that is extensively used around the world as a condiment, garnish, or decoration on culinary dishes.

best, Rich

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2015, 10:27 AM »
Nice to know I'm not alone  :D

Offline oldhippy

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2015, 09:04 PM »
Funny enough i have often heard people describe coriander as a soapy taste. I have never felt that to be the case. Have i got odd taste buds?

Online Ghoulie

• Indian Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2015, 06:50 PM »
Can't abide the stuff sprinkled on everything like confetti - horrible overpowering aromatic taste.  Can tolerate it if in the dish and cooked along with the rest.

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2015, 08:41 PM »
Ditto, Ghoulie

Offline Geoffbrick

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2015, 09:14 AM »
 :)Garp,remember when my relatives came down for a few days and a feed or two?Theyre not too keen on coriander,can smell it at 100 paces,nor is the other half.Your suggestion was just use the powder and seeds instead of the stalks and leaves.
That placated everyone ok,meals were enjoyed,and since too.The problem is that I can notice the difference in the cooking,the coriander garnish helps,but not enough!
The bases aren't the same without "the weed",so am looking for an alternative,any suggestions!?.
Cheers Geoff

Online Ghoulie

• Indian Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2015, 11:48 AM »
I have a good friend, Willy, who is into curries and he is a good cook too.   Something in occasional curry dishes made him physically ill, but he couldn't pinpoint it.  One day he decided to take up a curry class offer in a local Indian.  They asked them to taste individually all the spices they were going to use.  As soon as he tasted the coriander leaf - he reacted badly & was physically sick on the spot much to the dismay of his fellow attendees.

Result though - he'd found his curry nemesis.

I have now christened him the Coriander Kid.

©2024 Curry Recipes