Author Topic: Hello all  (Read 4153 times)

Offline oldhippy

• Chef
    • View Profile
Hello all
« on: October 20, 2015, 01:55 AM »
Hello all, just loined, i have been studying indian cooking since 1985 and i am looking forward to learning and sharing with everyone on here.

Offline Geoffbrick

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Hello all
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 08:56 AM »
Welcome old hippy,
You'll find plenty of members willing to help and impart the"knowledge",I'm sure with 30 years we can learn from you too!
   Enjoy your curry journey.
    Cheers. Geoffbrick.

Offline loveitspicy

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2015, 01:40 PM »
Wow oldhippy - you must have a degree by now - awesome !
Cant wait to see and try your recipes

best, Rich

Offline Madrasandy

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2015, 08:16 PM »
Welcome oldhippy, hope you enjoy the forum  ;)

Offline oldhippy

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2015, 08:29 PM »
Thank you for the welcome guys, even after 30 years of intense research and study i still find myself chasing that illusive five percent i have heard others talk about.

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2015, 08:37 PM »
Welcome Old Hippy.  If i was 90% close i'd be happy.  Want to share that 5%  :D Enjoy the site and the wealth of knowledge it contains  ;)

Offline oldhippy

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2015, 08:59 PM »
Thanks for the welcome curryhell, about ten years ago after 20 years of struggling with curry cooking i was lucky enough to meet a guy who not only had an indian restraunt but was also a caterer for
Asian weddings and feastivals. After telling him of my quest for knowledge in indian cuisine he invited me down to his kitchen for some tuition. I visited him many times over the following months and would be
happy to share many of the techniques and tips he showed me with the forum. Do not get me wrong though i still do not consider myself any kind of authority on Indian cookery. The guy i am talking about
 had an amazing amount of knwledge he had gained over a lifetime of cooking and i believe i barely scratched the surface of his knowledge.

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2015, 10:08 PM »
Oldhippy, the keen BIR home chefs here are always keen to hear about any nuggets of info passed on  from a professional kitchen.  Ignore any cynicism.  There are one or two who contribute very little but loads to say  ;D .  The majority of us have open ears and minds and are only too keen to let any kitchen experience wash over us, so we can take what we want and learn from it.  No one way is the right way.  It's all down to what the individual is looking for.  Post away.  I for one will enjoy the read, as i'm sure will many others  ;)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 07:16 AM by curryhell »

Offline oldhippy

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2015, 11:40 PM »
Great stuff curryhell, maybe i could post a little mini series of my experiences, which part of the forum would be best for something like that?

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2015, 07:11 AM »
The "let's talk curry" board would probably be the ideal place for your experiences.  Looking forward to it already  :)

©2024 Curry Recipes