Author Topic: Leftover Christmas Turkey  (Read 5260 times)

Offline NairB

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Leftover Christmas Turkey
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2006, 07:55 PM »
Gosh Spicysarcy  :o

Does that mean my local butcher is breaking the law selling those capons.....he always says they are sold out the same day he gets them. Gosh, why the hell have they made them illegal.....they taste amazing too. Well, Im getting two of them this year now. One for Christmas day and one for my curries, so there  :P

Offline spicysarsy

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2006, 09:51 PM »

Yep apparently it's because the animal rights people kicked up enough fuss to turn a few M.P.'s heads {crulity to animals act ect }. However even I know shopkeepers who still sell them. {Not illeagle to nuter cats and dogs ???? as long as we don't eat them eh }. Maybe in the confusion it's only illeagle if we carry out the castration ourselves. Worth hearing views from other members on this topic. Paul

Offline Chilli Prawn

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2006, 07:44 PM »
I had a good laugh at that Spicy  ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D
CP

Offline woodpecker21

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2006, 10:03 PM »
I just find turkey very bland and tastless 

hi spicy
sorry to hear this. if you use the old cook the night before slowly then you are following the old british tradition of slowly drying out the meat >:( for a 16lb free range turkey put it on at 8 o'clock christmas morning at 190 deg C cokkfor 4-5 hours in foil and then for last 20 mins remove the foil to crisp the skins ( baste  every 20- 30 mins) allow to sit for 15-30 mins covered and you will have beautiful moist turkey cooked to perfection( got a tip from the tv 2 years ago the turkey has more bacteria the most other meats so washing the huge thing in the sink will spread the bacteria around your kitchen nicely  so if you just bung it in the oven with butter smothered on top because the turkey is cook for many hours at at fairly high temp the bacteria will be killed. also one the folks have demolished their dinners get out in the kitchen  and remove all of the meat form the carcass and allow to cool covered before refidgerating and then you will have moist turkey to put in you curried leftovers for ages :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

hope this helps ( duck ............in coming........!? ;))
regards
gary

Offline spicysarsy

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2006, 07:44 PM »
Thanks for the reply Woody, But unfortunately dispite your excellent cooking method I remain unconvinced that Turkey can be used for curries, and I am in the process of making sure that that there is a plentyfull supply of chicken,prawn and lamb curries in my freezer to carry me over the Festive Season. mmmmmmmmm Mixed Meat Madras  ;D ;D. Paul

Offline Mark J

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2006, 09:38 PM »
Wouldnt use turkey for curries but I get mine from a local farm fresh and it tastes bloody gorgeous!

©2024 Curry Recipes