Author Topic: Khushbu, Alresford, Colchester  (Read 2000 times)

Offline ne5566

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
Khushbu, Alresford, Colchester
« on: December 04, 2015, 10:31 AM »
After 10 years absence of eating Indian curry - I was living in Korea, I ordered a  takeway form the Khushbu near Colchester. Though not as revolting as the Sonali which is by far the poorest quality curry I've ever eaten, it was poor. The shiekh kebabs were exaclty the same as Sonali, same shape, same colour, same dry, turgid, bland thing which lacked the beautiful spiceness of sheikh kebabs I remember. Once again, the salad has been reduced to a few slithers of onion, flecks of tomato and a squirt of raita. (Jeez, why is it in the UK every business is trying to fleece you!).  Likewise with the pasanda - same colour as the Sonali (probably because it's produced in a factory), same ghastly sweet slop over the chicken. Even the chicken pieces seemed to be the same dimensions - has on the bone entirely stopped in the UK, now?

To be honest, their chicken murgh masalla was a lot better. However, the poor performance of my two closest Indian takeaways has led me to this site in an attempt to enjoy a decent curry. I'm sure there are decent ITA around and that I'm just unlucky.

©2024 Curry Recipes