Author Topic: Just Starting  (Read 1176 times)

Offline Vegan Amateur

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
Just Starting
« on: December 14, 2015, 01:07 PM »
Hi, I am just starting out here. I stumbled into the site while looking for hints at catering curry for large numbers. I have a possibility of catering at my sons schools summer fete later in 2016.

At home I love cooking curry, using recipe books and generally from scratch. My range of books are from the usual suspects, Anjam Anand, Madhur Jaffrey, Prashad, Hairy Bikers, I am not creative with my cooking but can follow a recipe. The only things I have to think about are the substitutions for meat and dairy that I make. I do like the challenge of getting the fat content down as well.

Here I hope to look into the BIR methods and see how I get on with the tastes and flavours. 

So I better get looking at the recipes.

Offline Madrasandy

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Re: Just Starting
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 07:37 PM »
Welcome to the forum Vegan, its a wealth of valuable information, good luck with your "BIR" journey  ;)

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Just Starting
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 07:48 PM »
... have a possibility of catering at my sons schools summer fete later in 2016. ..

Take a look at member 974bar's threads for tips and recipes on bulk cooking. He does it for a living. There are also a few others on here who are very handy at rattling pans for a crowd.

©2024 Curry Recipes