Author Topic: The Vindaloo, Broadway, Grays - last night's supper  (Read 6926 times)

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: The Vindaloo, Broadway, Grays - last night's supper
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2016, 09:29 PM »
Differences in monitors aside is the colour of the vindaloo in the second pic representative of the real thing?

Yes SS, that is pretty much the colour of the dish.  The last pic is a little darker due to the greater distance but not as dark as the first.  The TA dish colour was a shade darker than my regular TA which tends to be a more orangey golden brown whereas this was more reddy golden brown.  But the colouring of all individual dishes is pretty much spot on.
Didnt focus on the rice much as it's just rice and i can already achieve as good as my local.  Just a minor problem replicating their the vindaloo, that's all  >:(

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2016, 09:49 PM »
CH is your keema rice recipe on the forum? I had a quick look and couldn't find it. Also I noticed that there doesn't seem to be a "rices" sub board  on the forum which seems strange. Or maybe I just can't see it for looking?

Online martinvic

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2016, 10:55 PM »
Rices are in the Starters & Side Dishes bit SS

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2016, 11:52 PM »
Rices are in the Starters & Side Dishes bit SS

Ah right. Thanks martinvic.

Not the first place I would look for rice dishes, actually not a place I would look at all for rice dishes as they're not really sides. I reckon rices should have a sub board of their own.

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2016, 12:25 AM »
I would class the rice as a side, but that isn't obvious to all.  Here's the recipe:

http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php/topic,11130.0.html

The only change i've made is to fry a couple of tbsps of finely chopped onion until softened before I add the keema mince and fry it.
And yes, I still flatten my mince before adding to the pan for the reasons I explained when you asked the question SS as to why  ;)
Think we've both been around here too long  ;D

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2016, 04:29 PM »
And yes, I still flatten my mince before adding to the pan for the reasons I explained when you asked the question SS as to why  ;)
Think we've both been around here too long  ;D

You're not kidding! That was genuinely going to be my next question. I have absolutely no recollection of discussing it before.  :o  ;D

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2016, 05:22 PM »
Think they call that a senior moment  ;D  I seem to have more and more of these nowadays  :-\ I do rate the rice though.  The flavour of the keema permeates the rice during the fry and gives it a great flavour.  That's providing you've got yourself a good recipe for the keema in the first place of course  ::)

Offline djossie

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2016, 08:59 AM »
That rice looks great CH. I have to try it.

©2024 Curry Recipes