Author Topic: Lidl 6ltr pressure cooker  (Read 11300 times)

littlechilie

Lidl 6ltr pressure cooker
« on: January 21, 2016, 04:21 PM »
Hi all, just a quick review of the lidl GSW system plus cooker. It's induction , Gas comparably and all hob styles, stainless steel 18/8 and for 29 UK pounds. Well It's a real just good deal to pick up.

Not a lot more I can say apart from it's just a dream to use, if you don't own one of these it's just awesome for the curry chef.

Having both induction and gas getting decent pans can be expensive, I tend to use all-clad as my go to stainless steal curry pans, I buy these used and cheap from the US.

This little pressure cooker is up there with my best.

}

}

}

Offline meggeth

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Lidl 6ltr pressure cooker
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 04:30 PM »
Love my pressure cooker for making base!

I see you have rice in there. Did you cook it under pressure, or just use it as a big pot? And...if you pressure cooked the rice, did it turn out any different than normal methods of cooking?

littlechilie

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 04:50 PM »
Hi Meggeth, it's actually onions and cinnamon in the pot, the cooker also has a quick release and a steam cooking basket. But I was able to reduce these onions to milk in about 6 mins under pressure.  I'm quite impressed.

For rice I always like to eyeball my cooking as I'm real fussy about rice, lol.

Offline chewytikka

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 09:10 PM »
Looks a good deal, I

littlechilie

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2016, 11:23 PM »
Hi Chewy, I also picked up the Nutri Mixer, it's just awesome, it blends my g,g paste to pure creamy perfection in around 20 seconds, If you are able I would get one.like you say the warranties are just to good.

Offline ziggycat

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2016, 11:36 PM »
tried my local lidl for this today but found nothing, can't see it on the lidl website either

My old pressure cooker does the job but I'm forever replacing the gasket so another pc would come in handy..

I'll have a drive around locally tomorrow and see if there's any left

Online martinvic

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2016, 11:47 PM »
Was from last week, the change over day for offers is Thursdays.
Sometimes, if there is any left, they are moved to another isle in shop, or returned to base.

littlechilie

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2016, 11:48 PM »
Good luck Ziggycat, my store had 3 when I visited and I didn't need to think it over very long, also came with a spare gasket would you belive.

©2024 Curry Recipes