Author Topic: Bulk chicken Ceylon  (Read 4380 times)

Offline Sverige

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Bulk chicken Ceylon
« on: February 16, 2016, 10:35 PM »
10 batch of Ceylon sauce before and after pre-cooked chicken was added. Not enough meat to go around but that's ok, I have some paneer to make up the shortfall.

These are destined for the freezer for convenience-food curries in the coming months. I have a similar ten batch of lamb madras in the freezer already, from a couple of weeks back.

Offline london

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Bulk chicken Ceylon
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 11:37 PM »
Good work, all you need to do now it to spin the last two pics as they are upside down.

London.

Offline chewytikka

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2016, 12:57 AM »
Nice one. ;)
That's you sorted for Madras/Sri Lankan then Sv.
Certainly stuffed with meat, much more than you would get served in a TA.

Any reason why you didn

Offline Sverige

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2016, 07:56 AM »
Good work, all you need to do now it to spin the last two pics as they are upside down.

London.

Oh shit. iPhone & iPad combination gets me every time. I'm still at sea with knowing how to get pics right way up. Are these better.?

Offline Sverige

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2016, 08:09 AM »
Nice one. ;)
That's you sorted for Madras/Sri Lankan then Sv.
Certainly stuffed with meat, much more than you would get served in a TA.

Any reason why you didn

Offline loveitspicy

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2016, 08:47 AM »
Awesome - you could come and work for me - nice work indeed

best, Rich

Offline Gav Iscon

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2016, 09:21 AM »
Missus would quite easily take those of your hands Svergie. Her favourite next to Madras.  :)

Offline Curry addict bob

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2016, 09:42 AM »
10 batch of Ceylon sauce before and after pre-cooked chicken was added. Not enough meat to go around but that's ok, I have some paneer to make up the shortfall.

These are destined for the freezer for convenience-food curries in the coming months. I have a similar ten batch of lamb madras in the freezer already, from a couple of weeks back.

When taking photos on iPhone note the camera emblem in the top right corner this needs to be the right way up before you take the picture! If it's upside down tilt your phone back a forth and it will alter to the correct position

What a great idea on the large batch of curry I'm going to have a go at that

CAB.

Offline Sverige

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2016, 11:09 AM »
Missus would quite easily take those of your hands Svergie. Her favourite next to Madras.  :)

Let her know my freezer is well stocked with both Ceylon and Madras right now, so if she's been thinking of whacking those divorce papers in, it might be a good time.

I'll leave the door on the latch.

Offline Sverige

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2016, 11:11 AM »

When taking photos on iPhone note the camera emblem in the top right corner this needs to be the right way up before you take the picture! If it's upside down tilt your phone back a forth and it will alter to the correct position

What a great idea on the large batch of curry I'm going to have a go at that

CAB.
Thanks, I'll see what I can do with the photos.

If you're trying bulk cooking you'll need to keep your base sauce thick - don't dilute it down as you would for individual curries, as you'll never manage to reduce it again to correct thickness when operating in bulk. The other key is to fry the bhagar for much longer as a big batch of spices, oil, G&G and tomato puree takes a lot more cooking than a single portion might.

©2024 Curry Recipes