Author Topic: New book entitled 'British Indian Restaurant Food At Home' available at Amazon  (Read 24860 times)

Offline Steven Heap

• Chef
    • View Profile
I've written a book and want to make people aware of it, nothing wrong with that. What I don't like is arrogant negative people. If you don't think they book is right for you, you don't buy it. It's selling well and I'm not here to justify myself.

Offline ScottyM

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
It's selling well and I'm not here to justify myself.

out of the 12 Amazon "sales" only 2 are verified purchases. You said yourself that unverified were sent FREE PDF copies by you.
It justifies itself

Offline Ghoulie

• Indian Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
Just ordered a copy

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Ok all, I think enough has been said about the book, other than what it actually may or may not deliver in the kitchen.  It's very much a matter of choice whether you buy it or not and take the same gamble that many of us took or didin't take with books by Pat Chapman, Khris Dhillon Dave Loyden etc.
The usual "passion" about BIR has started to emerge, which doesn't always portray this forum or its members in the best of lights, albeit their intentions sincere, i would like to believe.
IMHO it is now time to limit the discussion to the contents in terms of whether they deliver the author's intention - which is obviously not to get rich from the sale of this book.
I think enough has been said about marketing methods, media format, will the book contain genuine BIR info, spelling mistakes, the offering of services at premium rates etc. etc.  I now intend to limit the discussion to comments made by individuals who are in a position to try its recipes and provide legitimate feedback on the results, and any resulting on topic discussion,rather than what is simply now developping into "white noise".
Consequently, any subsequent posts will need to remain strictly on topic or risk being pruned.
Looking forward to your feedback MA.

Offline meggeth

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Well said CH. Time to calm things down a little!

Steven obviously has a lot of experience, and I'm sure he has an lot to offer here. I think the fact that he was asked to come here by MA shows that he hasn't come here to purely to pimp his book. When I asked him if an experienced BIR type person would benefit, he said that he personally probably wouldn't buy it. Not exactly pushing his wares.

We're all big boys and can decide for ourselves whether we want to buy his book or not.

Hope you stay around Steven, and pass on some of your experience.  :)

Offline Steven Heap

• Chef
    • View Profile
I don't tolerate bad vibes. I'm far from that. Good luck to you all!

littlechilie

Steve there is very few people interested in authentic BIR on this forum, even the likes of JB posting recipes straight from his local take away recive criticism of the process he is showing us.

Many old members are well aware of the that this forum works and like myself sit back and watch the show, I wish you all the best with your book and hope you make a good return for your work.

Thanks also to MA for inviting you here, I'm just sorry the experience was negitive for you.

Cheers LC.

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
As per my previous post, I have, and will continue to prune any subsequent post not on topic.

Offline Ghoulie

• Indian Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
Still pruning I see.

As a mod and supermod on other forums - I recognise the tinpot hitlers when they are in action.  AOL were the worst I have come across - even deleting a post of 'Hello' !!

As a result, I will be merely a viewer / donater here.  How long will you let this innocuous post last?

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Still pruning I see.

As a mod and supermod on other forums - I recognise the tinpot hitlers when they are in action.  AOL were the worst I have come across - even deleting a post of 'Hello' !!

As a result, I will be merely a viewer / donater here.  How long will you let this innocuous post last?
Not "pruning", Ghoulie (pruning is a positive activity, intended to stimulate strength and growth); what we are seeing here under the present r

©2024 Curry Recipes