Author Topic: New cash & carry in Norwich  (Read 2300 times)

Offline Curryking32000

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
New cash & carry in Norwich
« on: March 15, 2016, 11:08 PM »

There is a new Asian cash & carry just recently opened up in Norwich called Desh in Anglia square. Great place selling all the usual products. The only place in east Anglia that I know of that sells Ali pans and stockpots and all manner of essential BIR cookware. One thing that particularly excited me was that they are selling boneless mutton and at only

Offline Curry addict bob

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: New cash & carry in Norwich
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 08:44 PM »
Yes curryking it's good to have a good cash & carry/supermarket  nearby! Here in Sheffield we have several good ones
Ali pans mutton on or off the bone curry leaves when available etc etc

CAB

Offline scalexkid

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2016, 09:56 PM »
Shamelessly plagiarised from uncylcopedia.com

ref Anglia Square (the location of this business)

Loocal History

Where Norwich does much of its "sharpen"
Norwich's centre of "loocal" power is Anglia Square (pron: Angla Swear), a beautiful multi-storey mock-Georgian estate building in the "shyte bit" in the North of the city, overlooking the now-empty Matthews Turkey fields. Built in 1770 it features a recently added pleasant 1960's facade, complete with "artwork". During the 2nd Norfolk-Suffolk war, the enemy extensively bombed the city, but sadly missed this bit out, despite the whole population lighting signal fires, shouting and waving flags to attract their attention. The area is also famous for being the home of HMSO or HOMS as it was known in the old days. It made books and stuff and that to export to the clever people who lived far away in the South and North and West.

This shop is on my list to visit ASAP, do they sell the 'Shaheen' pouches of curry base? (mrs Scalexkid is now complaining of the lingering 'aroma' whenever I do a batch, this may offer an alternative, but the P&p is steep if Ebaying it)

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2016, 09:56 PM »
One thing that particularly excited me was that they are selling boneless mutton and at only

Offline scalexkid

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2016, 04:10 PM »
Tried a generic "chicken Curry' and plain rice in their cafe.

frankly disappointed... ?6 for the curry, ?1.50 for the rice. Curry seemed to have been sitting cold for a long time (chilled, and clingfilmed on the chiller counter), heated and more like a tinned one.

Would not be in hurry to try that again. But a fine range of dried/tinned products otherwise.

Offline Curryking32000

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2016, 03:17 PM »
not tried their cafe food.  Apart from that its a good shop, the only one in the area that sells mutton and ali pans etc

©2024 Curry Recipes