Author Topic: BIR smell from your favourite restuarant...  (Read 5602 times)

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: BIR smell from your favourite restuarant...
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2016, 03:19 PM »
What constitutes the BIR smell depends on who you ask anyway. For me it's the smell that instantly wafts at you when you open the door to a takeaway delivery and emanates from the curry itself. It has nothing to do with air vents or the aroma that pervades the environs of the BIR or even the general aroma inside the restaurant while you're eating there.

Offline Dajoca

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2016, 04:51 PM »
The smell I get when walking into our local restaurant, is the same as I get when I open the carton of curry I get from there. To say our senses are overwhelmed when cooking doesn't cut it either.
If I cook a few curries and also have a bought one for comparison, I can still smell that fantastic aroma when I open the bought carton, despite having been cooking my own.

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2016, 07:05 PM »
If I cook a few curries and also have a bought one for comparison, I can still smell that fantastic aroma when I open the bought carton, despite having been cooking my own.

Absolutely spot on Dajoca. If I knew how to use the search facility properly I'd show you several past post of mine saying exactly that. And it's bloody infuriating that I still can't achieve that beautiful aroma.

The thing is that many BIR curries don't have that aroma any more. Sure they have a specific BIR smell and that aroma anyone can achieve just by following the methods on this forum but it ain't like the old days.

©2024 Curry Recipes