Author Topic: Pakora Sauce  (Read 65404 times)

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Pakora Sauce
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2011, 09:19 PM »
They all look really nice, but I have never tried this sauce before until last Thursday when I just dropped into a local Indian Restaurant on the way out of work.

I had this with my poppadoms, (I'm sure they serve the same thing with Pakora's too), but the one I had was a lot darker than these, it was more of a claret colour, and at first I could not make out what the taste was, butlooking at these sauces now it all makes sense :)

I will try some of these sauces as this is new to me and as one who doesn't normally like tamarind, I was really impressed.

Good post guys :)

I thought exactly the same as you 976.  Soon as i read the recipe it all made sense.  And damn good it tastes too :P.  The sauce in my neck of the woods is also claret red - copious amounts of food colouring obviously.

Offline gazman1976

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2011, 09:26 PM »
Hi Curryhell try the below recipe for spicy onions - real deal and very easy to make

http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=3897.msg35306#msg35306

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2011, 10:23 PM »
Hi Curryhell try the below recipe for spicy onions - real deal and very easy to make

http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=3897.msg35306#msg35306

If you tell me this is the real deal for Glashow spicy onions Gazman i'll give it a go  I have some friends from Glasgow who rave about their spicy onions!! Let them be the judges :D

Offline gazman1976

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2011, 11:35 PM »
believe me curryhell it is - i have been eating curries from Glasgow for 25 yrs - its the real deal - follow the recipe exactly - u wont be dissapointed my friend

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2011, 10:13 PM »
believe me curryhell it is - i have been eating curries from Glasgow for 25 yrs - its the real deal - follow the recipe exactly - u wont be dissapointed my friend

Can't get much of a better recommendation than that.  I look forward to sampling proper Glasgow pakora sauce  Gazman :D

Offline gazman1976

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2011, 10:49 PM »
U have misread mate - its for spicy onions? I do have the original pink pakora sauce but still still searching for the red 1

Offline bamble1976

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2011, 09:57 PM »
Hi

Gazman - have you posted the recipe for the pink pakora sauce???  would like to try :)

Barry

Offline gazman1976

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2011, 10:05 PM »
Will do tomorrow

©2024 Curry Recipes