Author Topic: Commercial range cookers (twin ovens, ten gas burners)  (Read 2345 times)

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
My wife is looking to replace the existing range cooker at her hotel in Cornwall; can anyone suggest the best place to look for a suitable replacement (spec. as per subject line).  Ideally the gas hob will include twin wok burners, but this is not essential although desirable.  New rather than 2nd-hand.

** Phil.

littlechilie

Re: Commercial range cookers (twin ovens, ten gas burners)
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2016, 07:02 PM »
http://www.cornwallcateringequipment.com/ From what I remember of the catering trade Phil if you give a company like this a call they should send a rep and catalog over to you.

Always fun when you pull out those old ranges, usually a good time for a refit  ;D

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2016, 08:36 PM »
Excellent, many thanks LC -- much appreciated.
** Phil.

Offline scalexkid

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2016, 09:07 PM »
My wife is looking to replace the existing range cooker at her hotel in Cornwall; can anyone suggest the best place to look for a suitable replacement (spec. as per subject line).  Ideally the gas hob will include twin wok burners, but this is not essential although desirable.  New rather than 2nd-hand.

** Phil.

Shame I only install domestic cookers and don't fit commercial, this would've been an install with (hopefully?) a happy ending....

Mind you having worked on just the 'plumbing' in many a takeaway (of all hues.......) this is why I am trying to improve my 'home' cooking. It is scary out there.

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2016, 10:13 PM »
Shame I only install domestic cookers and don't fit commercial, this would've been an install with (hopefully?) a happy ending....
Unfortunately the owners' apartment has just had a new (induction) cooker fitted.  It didn't need one -- it had a perfectly good 4-burner gas hob -- but no-one could work out how to turn it on ...

Mind you having worked on just the 'plumbing' in many a takeaway (of all hues.......) this is why I am trying to improve my 'home' cooking. It is scary out there.
I'm quite impressed with the setup at the Westberry -- the extractor fan over the range cooker is interlocked with the gas supply; if the fan stops (or even slows beyond a certain point), the gas supply is immediately terminated with a massive electromagnetic valve ...

** Phil

Offline scalexkid

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2016, 09:30 PM »
Unfortunately the owners' apartment has just had a new (induction) cooker fitted.  It didn't need one -- it had a perfectly good 4-burner gas hob -- but no-one could work out how to turn it on ...

I'm quite impressed with the setup at the Westberry -- the extractor fan over the range cooker is interlocked with the gas supply; if the fan stops (or even slows beyond a certain point), the gas supply is immediately terminated with a massive electromagnetic valve ...

** Phil

Yup, familiar with interlocks from fans etc...

It was more the hygiene standards I am concerned about, with giant suitcase sized containers of cooked/then, fried rice, waiting to be refried (again!), no lid, no temp control in a greasy tiled corridor. Still shudder every time I drive past..... admittedly that was the worst that this plumber has seen. no doubt any environmental health officers have a ready store of horror stories!

©2024 Curry Recipes