Author Topic: Hello from The East Midlands  (Read 5530 times)

Offline Ian J

• Chef
    • View Profile
Hello from The East Midlands
« on: July 04, 2016, 05:45 PM »
Many years ago I used to frequent a curry forum cr0.co.uk, I had a look round but it had disappeared so browsed this forum

Have been lurking for a few days and tried out blade1212's Chicken Tikka - better than the BIRs recipe, we were so impressed I had to join and say thank you for the recipe.

For some reason tried my old login for cr0.co.uk, lo and behold my login worked  :)

I even had an unread message from the admin at cr0.co.uk dated 26.10.2009

Now to try and find a recipe for chicken shashlik we get from our local takeaway, it?s unusual as it comes in a deep red sauce which has gritty bits in it, next time we order I shall post a photograph.

Ian

Offline Sverige

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from The East Midlands
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2016, 09:13 PM »
Welcome!

I used to be on CR0 too - not sure what happened to that one. Luckily I also found this place. Loads of good recipes on here - very often the ones which few people have tried for some reason.

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2016, 09:40 PM »
I'm not sure whether either of Ian J's or Sverige's posts are serious or a wind-up.

It is, of course, exactly the same forum - just with a different domain name.

Offline Ian J

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2016, 10:15 PM »
I'm not sure whether either of Ian J's or Sverige's posts are serious or a wind-up.

Certainly not a wind up, the old forum used different software, had a different URL and a a different name so why would I link the 2 after 7 years away?

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2016, 10:32 PM »

Certainly not a wind up, the old forum used different software, had a different URL and a a different name so why would I link the 2 after 7 years away?
No reason at all, Ian, but interestingly CR0 /did/ use the same software as the present site; both use "SMF", 2.0.11 here and 2.0.1 for CR0 (see attached).  All of the old threads and content can be found here.

** Phil.

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2016, 12:28 AM »

OK, so if it wasn't a wind-up then the next question must be to ask how smart you think you are. Have you ever taken an IQ test, for example? They pose questions related to associations and patterns, similar to a comparison of the site as it was a few years ago, and now. I'm surprised you didn't realise.

Online martinvic

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2016, 12:38 AM »

OK, so if it wasn't a wind-up then the next question must be to ask how smart you think you are. Have you ever taken an IQ test, for example? They pose questions related to associations and patterns, similar to a comparison of the site as it was a few years ago, and now. I'm surprised you didn't realise.
Reported to moderator for being insulting to other members.
Just no need George, no need at all.  ::)

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2016, 08:51 AM »
George, what on earth are you trying to do ?  This forum is struggling to survive, we have a new member (Ian) who is also a former member of CR0, and rather than welcoming him to the fold you act as if you were the Chairman of a Parliamentary Select Committee and he was suspected of Libor rigging. 

Ian asked a perfectly reasonable question, and deserved a simple honest answer as I tried to give above.

** Phil.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 09:01 AM by Phil [Chaa006] »

Offline Ian J

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2016, 11:01 AM »

Thanks for the nice welcome George.

Maybe now I remember why I didn't visit for 7 years.

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2016, 11:08 AM »
Dear Ian -- My good friend George is clearly having a Very Bad Day [
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 01:22 PM by Phil [Chaa006] »

©2024 Curry Recipes