Author Topic: CA diet suggestions  (Read 4520 times)

Offline Geoffbrick

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
CA diet suggestions
« on: July 29, 2016, 09:05 AM »
Right guys,and ladies too,
You helped me through my CA kidney recuperation with your recipe suggestions,can you do the same for her indoors,she's got through 7 hours of Colo rectal surgery,just need some tasty food recipes that don't include skins of veg or nuts,not necessarily curries.
Appreciated Geoff.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: CA diet suggestions
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2016, 09:50 AM »
Very best wishes to H-i-D for a full and speedy recovery, but before making any dietary suggestions may I ask for clarification of "no skins of vegetables" ?  Does this mean (for example) that anything including green/yellow/orange/red peppers would be out as "skinning" a pepper is a non-trivial task ?

** Phil.

Offline Geoffbrick

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2016, 10:47 PM »
Phil,thanks for your good wishes,appreciated.
With regard skins loosely means potato skins ,stringy beans,broad bean skins,brassicas have to be pretty finely chopped as peppers.Feel she needs taste and variety,she still manages a small amount of my curries too.
Cheers Geoff

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2016, 07:22 AM »
OK, in that case Singapore rice noodles comes immediately to mind, and for a lighter dish, maybe Vietnamese scrambled egg.  If either of these appeals and you don't have a recipe, let me know and I will try to locate one for you.

** Phil.

Offline Geoffbrick

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2016, 07:23 PM »
Thank you Phil.sounds a little bland,perhaps I'm wrong,she can't take whole grain rice at present.She likes plenty taste,having said that have done her a quiche salad with beetroot ,pork pie,scraped Cornish potatoes and coleslaw.Recipes would be good.
Thanks Geoff

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2016, 09:10 AM »
Well, neither are bland to my mind (or I wouldn't eat them by choice !) but if you feel that they are not what you are looking I fully understand.  Can you be more specific about what exactly can and cannot be included, and what sorts of food your wife would normally eat ?

** Phil.

Offline Geoffbrick

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2016, 08:49 AM »
Thank you for your trouble Phil,feel I've got things wrong with the word bland.
We saw the oncologist yesterday,who said that anything goes with regard diet,a matter of choice(but little and often to keep things moving)'although he's not a dietician.
From what I can see,"she's" concerned about filling "the bag"up too quickly and getting caught short.It's all new to her,her tastes are many and varied though.
Geoff

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2016, 09:24 AM »
Understood, Geoff.  In that case, "little and often" of whatever she fancies !  But if neither of you have tried Singapore rice noodles or Vietnamese scrambled egg before, I can recommend both very highly, and I use the latter as a part of my post-EMR r

Offline Geoffbrick

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2016, 05:44 PM »
Thank you Phil,not knowing of your"complaint",now realise that you will fully understand.
We haven't tried SingApore rice noodles or Vietnamese scrambled. egg,something that will have to be added to the regime.cunningly she really enjoyed a small portion of fish and chips!!
A little surprised nobody else has come forward with any suggestions.
Thanks again
Geoff

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2016, 05:51 PM »
A little surprised nobody else has come forward with any suggestions.
It's a bit quiet on here at the moment, Geoff, which may explain the lack of responses, but like you I had hoped for (nay, expected) rather more than have actually materialised ...

** Phil.

©2024 Curry Recipes