Author Topic: CA diet suggestions  (Read 4511 times)

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: CA diet suggestions
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2016, 08:49 PM »
Try Quinao (A Super Food) with a Roasted Medley of Butternut Squash/Peppers/Aubergine/Corguette/Whole Garlic/ a little tomato paste and a little rapeseed oil. Season lightly and serve on the bed of Quinao.

Add a mixed leaf salad of Rocket/Red Onion/Cherry Tomatoes.

Make an emulsion of Olive oil/White Balsamic Vinegar/Sea Salt and Cracked Black Pepper. Drizzle over the salad.

Delicious :)

Offline Geoffbrick

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2016, 08:35 PM »
Have located the Singapore noodles from M&S,surprisingly,Vietnamese scrambled eggs to come!
Hope your visit to St Thomas's today was fruitful Phil,were still scratching around for more recipes.
Thanks Geoff

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2016, 09:01 PM »
Just posted a recipe for SRN a few days ago, Geoff.  Had to cancel (defer) my visit to GSTT today as I have injured my left shoulder and it would have been unbearably painful to lie on it for the duration of the procedure (and I didn't want to take the risk of asking if I could lay on my right side in case they said "yes" but then forgot on which side I was laying !).

** Phil.

Offline tempest63

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2016, 09:56 AM »
Sorry to hear of your good lady's trouble Geoff, as someone who was diagnosed with Crohn's disease over forty years ago I can sympathise. I am currently on infliximab to help me over two very bad years but the drugs stop early next year so I am looking for diet to prevent a recurrence. To that end I am trying a primal diet with a nod towards improving my microbiome. The science behind this is relatively new and is quite exciting for someone who has lived with IBD for as long as I have.
If you are interested try a book called The Diet Myth as a starter. The author is a medical researcher working out of a major London hospital.

Offline Geoffbrick

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2016, 10:23 PM »
Thanks Tempest63'can sympathise. with your problems,just hope there's a solution for you,40 years with Crohns is one helluva time,you've obviously worked your way through it.
As you can appreciate,this is all new to us,which is why I posted my request.Phil's Singapore noodle recipe is very tasty and welcome,as the Vietnamese scrambled egg.I'm sure there must be loads of recipes out there.
Have also done a version of 976bars quinoa recipe which went down well too,but am interested in the book,see what that throws up.Good luck with the Primal diet.
Geoff

©2024 Curry Recipes