Author Topic: Working in a Takeaway  (Read 1948 times)

Offline scalexkid

• Chef
    • View Profile
Working in a Takeaway
« on: August 25, 2016, 11:04 PM »
Working as the plumber not as 'staff', anyway I hope this part of the forum is the appropriate place.

So, this place is/was a failed TA, with very bad press coverage when it transpired that internet ordering (through those 'middle-men'sites) was originating somewhere/anywhere else that the guy on the Honda Cub could get back to..... another takeaway?, domestic kitchen? Dunno.

Re-opening soon, with, dare I say it 'absolute beginners'. Gluten - free is going to be the Unique selling point, I did venture that cookery classes might be another way forward.

SO, around lunchtime, the new head-chef appeared and there was a lot of what I took to be authentic Bengali being spoken, but with menu planning so, so many of the key words you read on this forum came through making my ears prick-up, Chefs special spice sauce, Pilao rice, special rice, you name it was interspersed with the other language.

Quite a change for me to be working behind the scenes so to speak.

Now, as with priests and solicitors I have to be discreet about where all this is happening ( the plumbers code ?  ;) )

That's about all folks, no ovens in place yet, a brand new Tandoor only so far, though getting the water and sinks sorted eased the situation somewhat. No offers of  the first TA free (it is very very local to me) :(

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Working in a Takeaway
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 10:20 PM »
Have you mistakenly posted in curry forum instead of plumbing forum, mate?

Offline scalexkid

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2016, 09:24 PM »
No Sir, correct forum, although the plumbers/GasEngineers Forum i frequent does often have a 'xmas curry nite' get together, usually in on the Old Great North Rd/A1 somewhere near St.Neots....

Just felt that my small insight into the (re)opening of a takeaway might just be a slightly different take on it. Just Sayin!

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2016, 11:09 PM »
Just felt that my small insight into the (re)opening of a takeaway might just be a slightly different take on it. Just Sayin!

I'm grateful for your insight as I'm sure many others are too.

It's best to ignore Garp as one of the worst trolls for any forum to have to suffer. Please don't let him put you off posting anything else which you may be able to glean.

Offline Onions

• Elite Curry Master
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2016, 11:06 AM »
Hello George  ;D

©2024 Curry Recipes