Author Topic: Sunday lunch Indian style  (Read 5431 times)

Offline mickdabass

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Sunday lunch Indian style
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2016, 09:01 AM »
I use Happy's naan recipe and they do cook wonderfully in the Tandoor, mine is run off a gas bottle, i can't get my sheesh kebabs to stay on skewers also tried all different sized skewers, but i have had superb results with Happy's naans.
Second the recipes also JB.

Wow amazing spread jb. shame about the naans.I dread to think of the state of your kitchen after all that cooking!!

UF I have found that if you fashion the sheesh mince into a rough sausage shape first, and then skewar the sausage,
followed by shaping and stretching on the skewar you will get on far better.

Regards

Mick

Offline JennyLou90

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2016, 08:23 PM »
Do you have a recipe for the keema rice JB? Or indeed any of the rice? It all looks amazing! I made enough mess making a Shahee and Korma last night!!!
:)

Jen

Offline jb

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2016, 07:25 PM »
Haldi that actually is the naan bread recipe I use,blimey that is from an old thread indeed.I think I just got a bit carried away with the cooking my curries and neglected the dough mixture,I simply added too much of the liquid.I  have listed some of the recipes already,pathia,garam masala,the pre cooked sag,potatoes,massala paste etc.The rezalla was a simply delicious,I'll post the recipe for that one and also for the aloo chat and pilau rice.

It was the first time my sheek kebabs actually worked,i.e they didn't fall off into the depths of my tandoor oven.Before they've always been a disaster.I don't think it has anything to do with the shape of the the skewers,the main thing is that the mixture cannot be too wet.After watching the chef making his sheek kebab mix in the takeaway it's definitely a case of 'less is more' when it comes to ingredients.Definately no onions or egg,these are the main culprits when it comes to the mixture falling off.The water just seems to seep out when the mixture is resting.In the takeaway all the chef puts in is blended ginger/garlic,garam masala paste,kebab paste,red colour and chopped coriander.

Ps the non matching plate was for my six year old son,he loves chicken tkka and assures me that mine is as good as the takeaway!,not suprising when the recipe is from the tandoor chef in the takeaway.

©2024 Curry Recipes