Author Topic: Chicken Tikka Biryani with veg curry  (Read 2011 times)

Offline SoberRat

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Chicken Tikka Biryani with veg curry
« on: October 05, 2016, 01:29 PM »
I had a bit of an experiment on Sunday. I made some base sauce without measuring anything, all by gut feeling and eye. I used just 2 medium sized onions and didn't do any of the cooking in the pressure cooker. I also made a tikka marinade that used no yogurt, in fact I tried milk. It was marinating for only 2 hours before cooking but had a great flavour. The result was this rather tasty Chicken Tikka Biryani with Vegetable curry. Its the first time I have ever been really happy with the result of the veg curry.

All the best

Rob

Offline scalexkid

• Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Chicken Tikka Biryani with veg curry
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2016, 06:16 PM »
Oh man, oh man, in my vivid imagination I am sitting down to that right now.

(actually I am gonna have sausage casserole with champ and yorkshire pud - equally lovingly prepared - by Mrs Scalexkid -  I am sure)

I just can't seem to get my base sauce quite right when trying these out (not the biryani obviously)

Offline SoberRat

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2016, 09:06 PM »
Oh man, oh man, in my vivid imagination I am sitting down to that right now.

(actually I am gonna have sausage casserole with champ and yorkshire pud - equally lovingly prepared - by Mrs Scalexkid -  I am sure)

I just can't seem to get my base sauce quite right when trying these out (not the biryani obviously)

Thanks scalexkid,

Which base recipe are you using?

Rob

Offline scalexkid

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2016, 09:33 PM »
Mick Crawfords, from an eBook I got on recommendation from somewhere on this forum.

His other recipes seem to work though.... any suggestions?, as I only have three trays of it the freezer, so not a big loss to 'dump'

Offline SoberRat

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2016, 09:56 PM »
I can't comment on the Mick Crawford base as I've never made it. I use jb's base recipe (http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php/topic,13136.0.html) but I normally do mine in a pressure cooker (http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php/topic,13939.0.html). I find this to be so good for all the recipes I use but I have to say my curries have mostly improved mostly from technique. The biryani I made here had only g/g paste, tomato puree, mix powder, salt and later a little jaggery but that really is it. To me the Jb base works really well because of the garlic tarka added to it.

Hope this helps in some way

Rob   

©2024 Curry Recipes