Author Topic: currybase from my local restaurant in munich revealed!! enjoy  (Read 23660 times)

Offline King Prawn

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Re: currybase from my local restaurant in munich revealed!! enjoy
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2007, 08:33 AM »
Funnily enough I did try a modified KD base with more oil and a little of the spicing (don't want to over do it so I have more choice over the final dishes falvour).
I also went for the KD method with no tomatoes in the first sauce (the boiled onion paste) and instead cooked it seperately and added the two together.

So far it's been a nice manageable base. Still haven't got to where I'd like to be with this style of cooking but each year I make some progress in the right direction.

KP(V)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 06:58 PM by King Prawn »

Offline Jeera

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2007, 04:33 PM »
ok that seems to be 3 people who have tried this base (excluding the poster) and 2 have the taste.

Anyone else tried it ?

Offline Vinda looo

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2007, 08:40 PM »
Ive done 3 different base sauces now and I prefer jaspers, but rather than tomato passata I used tin tomatoes and reduced the oil a little. You can always add more if you want later. This turned out better as it was not as rich and too overpowering with tomato.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 08:42 PM by Vinda looo »

Offline Yellow Fingers

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2007, 10:42 PM »
Well done Vinda looo!

Why have you chosen jasper's base as the best one, and how are you judging it, on its own or in a finished curry?

YF

Offline Curry King

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2007, 12:36 PM »
I tried this base over the weekend and although it produced a very nice curry it's not what i'm looking for in terms of the "taste".   I still have some left so will use it up to make another curry or two and will report back then, it may age well.

Thanks for the recipe Jasper!

cK

Offline Vinda looo

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2007, 09:50 PM »
Im judging Jaspers on end result not just base sauce. I like the smell and colour of the base but not the taste however when used it to make a madras I was well pleased, it all came together great at the end. I am in the process of doing a Darth base at the moment and Im hoping for another good one which I think should be ok as many others on here have had success with it.   

Offline Bangra

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2007, 12:35 PM »
I have just tried Jaspers Madras and its certainly the best  curry I have ever made at home

I dont think it quite has the BIR taste but its better than anything else i have ever bought

ie Asda ,pataks etc .I do however think its close to a BIR curry so I am going to have a fiddle with it and see what happens ::)

Just finished a batch of Darthpauls base so ill try his Madras next :P

Once again thanks for posting these recipes and for having me on a great site

Offline BASMATI

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2007, 05:01 PM »
Hi Jasper, made your base,then 1 lamb madras and then a chicken vindaloo but I left out the Pataks Paste on the vindaloo and I reckon its better without it. :)

Offline Wish

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2007, 01:12 AM »
HI all a couple of years ago i went to a local and orded a curry and a curry saurce.the curry was great but the sauce i was going to make a vegtable curry.but i could not be bothered to make anything with the sauce.The next day i made a chicken curry with this sauce off the night before.Not the same tasted like one i made so i am pretty sure the taste comes from something added at the end of cooking that is lost when the sauce is kept.something fresh not been cooked always said the taste had something to do with the garlic and ginger.

Offline Bangra

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2007, 02:11 AM »
just tried the tandoori lamb ,very good

I dont suppose you can persuade the chaps to give you some other recipes ;)

©2024 Curry Recipes