Author Topic: currybase from my local restaurant in munich revealed!! enjoy  (Read 23584 times)

Offline Roundboy

• Chef
    • View Profile
Re: currybase from my local restaurant in munich revealed!! enjoy
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2007, 09:07 PM »
Hi Jasper,

Tried your curry base this weekend and was quite impressed. I made a final curry but without the pataks paste because i don't have it but I still ended up with a respectable result.  I didn't think it had THE taste or THE smell as a few others have already said and it was it is a little over spiced at the base stage in my opinion.

I also found the end result to be very creamy in texture (too creamy) but this may have been due to me not removing the oil before liquidising. I noted that this is what someone else had done and it looks like the way to go.

That being said I think it's a step or two closer to the ultimate goal and the method and general ingredients seem to be more like what I would expect to see (no carrots and such)

I've since tried the method twice more, varying the ingredients to my own personal taste.  The first went straight down the drain (one black cardamom pod was the beginning of the end for that version  :-X) but the second version was pretty bloody good. Not yet ready for public trials but close, so when I've fiddled about with it a bit more I'll post my version and you can see what you think.

Anyway - thanks for the original post - it's been an inspiration. ;D

Offline kemical9

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2014, 08:49 AM »
add some fennel powder and mix it well at the end

Offline uclown2002

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2014, 05:37 PM »