Author Topic: Pizza dough  (Read 23913 times)

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Pizza dough
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2018, 01:54 PM »
Yes it's one of those ones with holes, mate.

Since I last made them I have moved house and now have a gas oven (it's got to go). I turned it up all the way to 11 and cooked for about 13 mins. I then took the tray out and sat it on a lit burner and moved it about a bit just to get a little more colouring on the bottom.

Offline Sverige

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2018, 08:29 PM »
It's been a while since I've used a gas oven, but the hotter the better I think.  Worth giving one of these a try if you're struggling to get the underside cooked:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/361829359289

The dough can be stretched out on top of the mesh without sticking to it.

Offline Sverige

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2018, 08:30 PM »

I dont use any other. Top Notch Svierge, and thanks again

Regards

Mick

Good to hear it Mick.

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2018, 11:42 AM »
As a Pizza aficionado Sverige (and everybody else), I know you'll appreciate this. I see Garp enjoys a pizza. 

During my recent exhaustive searches for naan dough recipe variation, I stumbled across this site (coincidently from an Aussie) and her instruction and advice is very good.
http://www.slowfoodandhandforgedtools.com.au/recipes.html

I've just made up a batch of his dough this afternoon and cooked 5 pizza for the family (I and Mrs ate curry). I still have 2 250 g dough balls in the fridge. These were absolutely great.  I cooked a couple in the oven on trays at 250'C and a couple in the pizza cooker, which fluffed the base up a bit better.  A pizza stone would be the job or a wood fired pizza oven even better.

This is a really good pizza base recipe and the instruction on timing and resting is excellent advice. Well worth a read.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 10:23 PM by livo »

Offline Sverige

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2018, 03:28 PM »
Thanks Livo, I've bookmarked that site to go back to when I have more time. Looks like she has some interesting pizza toppings to think about.

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2018, 12:50 AM »
I'd noticed that myself. I'm quite partial to prawns on pizza so I'll take a good look at the Garlic Prawn.

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2018, 01:10 PM »
I'd noticed that myself. I'm quite partial to prawns on pizza so I'll take a good look at the Garlic Prawn.
For me. anchovies, capers and olives are the only things I require other than base, cheese and tomato, so as you can imagine I was absolutely devastated when I visited Pizza Hut in Truro earlier this week only to discover that neither anchovies nor capers were available in Pizza Hut any more ...

P.S.  I see this has been discussed elsewhere.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 02:01 PM by Peripatetic Phil »

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2018, 10:53 PM »
I'm a lover of your top 3 Phil. I can eat anchovies out of the jar and a Mediterranean pizza is a regular.. My preferred olives are Kalamata but I also enjoy good green. I'm not so keen on Spanish black unless they are on a pizza. I also love a Hawaiian with prawns. As for the worst thing to happen to pizza, I'd have to say it's barbecue sauce. I don't mind satay sauce under chicken with, baby spinach and roast pumpkin but barbecue is just awful.

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2018, 10:20 AM »
Are you also a fan of egg-and-anchovy sandwiches, Livo ?  Ever since I discovered those, in a wine bar in Baker street about 40 years ago, I have been completely addicted, and can easily eat a whole tin of anchovies in just two sandwiches (sometimes in just one) ...  Slightly warm fresh-boiled egg, medium-sliced then overlaid with anchovies on crusty white bread :  "the food of the gods".  And I still add salt to the egg, despite the inherent saltiness of the anchovies !

Offline DalPuri

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2018, 01:20 PM »
Similar to kalles kaviar and boiled egg sandwiches/rolls.  :)
Always used to make up a couple for the road from the buffet breakfast when touring in Scandinavia.  ;)

©2024 Curry Recipes