Author Topic: Ayshire comis chef  (Read 5444 times)

Offline Williammealyea

• Chef
    • View Profile
Ayshire comis chef
« on: January 04, 2007, 10:19 PM »
Hi just joined the site and I LOVE IT!!!! I am learning to be an Indian masterchef (slowly), Well the pace is picking up rapidly since i found this site and tried out layne`s chicken tikka recipe has anyone else tried it??? My first recipe from the site and I was in heaven when I tasted it. I recomend it to everyone!!!! a real gem.

CYa all around

William

Offline NairB

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Ayshire comis chef
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 02:21 AM »
 :D

Hi William, I'm just north of you in Glasgow. Welcome to the forum. You getting battered with the high winds too.

What BIR's have you visited in Glasgow?.....spoilt for choice here  ;)

Offline laynebritton

• Indian Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 12:09 PM »
Hi Will
Welcome to a truly awesome curry site there's a lot of experts here so don't be afraid to ask any questions OK good luck with your curry
Layne  :D

Offline Williammealyea

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2007, 12:18 AM »
Hi nairB I havent actually ever tried any of the BIRs in the glasgow area. Is there any you would strongly recomend??I have a great one down here which you must visit if you are in Ayr, its called the rupee room. I know the manager pretty well so he said I could come in a chat to the head chef about recipes.

Offline NairB

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2007, 06:18 PM »
Hi nairB I havent actually ever tried any of the BIRs in the glasgow area. Is there any you would strongly recomend??I have a great one down here which you must visit if you are in Ayr, its called the rupee room. I know the manager pretty well so he said I could come in a chat to the head chef about recipes.
Gosh Will, take our pick  :P

Good old Glesga won the curry championships again and I think that accolade is given depending on the performance from several of the restaurants.
I have a few smaller, local BIRs that I like one called Anarkali in the southside but the Ashoka(westend), shish mahal(westend) and the spice of life(westend) are truelly magnifique.

Book a table in advance  at the Ashoka(westend) to start with one weekend, then work you way round them....you will not be disappointed.

OK BIRs, I want paid for good advertising....free vindaloo please!!! ::)

Offline Jeera

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2007, 08:01 PM »
Ahhh, The Anarkali in Victoria Road is the best BIR in Glasgow in my opinion. The others u mention are great too.

Ashoka South Side is also magnifico.

Offline NairB

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2007, 09:36 PM »
Ahhh, The Anarkali in Victoria Road is the best BIR in Glasgow in my opinion. The others u mention are great too.

Ashoka South Side is also magnifico.

Jeera, this is amazing....how do you know of the Anarkali, do you live in the south side. WOW you have been in the Anarkali....what a coincidence BRILL  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Tartan_Terrier

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2007, 11:48 PM »
Hi there guys,
Since we're talking about curries in Ayrshire, has anyone here tried the Indian at the Torranyard on the Barrhead road?

T_T

Offline NairB

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2007, 01:31 AM »
Hi there guys,
Since we're talking about curries in Ayrshire, has anyone here tried the Indian at the Torranyard on the Barrhead road?

T_T

Hi Tartan, are you talking about the BIR at Barrhead Rd/Crookston Rd Junction??

If so, Iv heard it is very good  :D

Offline Tartan_Terrier

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2007, 03:16 AM »
According to Flash Earth it's on Lochlibo Road or the A736.

It's been a while since I've lived the area so my geography is a bit rusty, but I don't think it's the same one.

It's called the New Krishna Tandoori. I was there last year, and thought it was very good, but I wondered what you curry connoisseurs thought about it.

T_T

©2024 Curry Recipes