Author Topic: How to Upload Your Photos  (Read 46596 times)

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: How to Upload Your Photos
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2020, 09:03 PM »
As mentioned in the recent thread, (and above in this one) an "inline" image control would be very helpful. 

I used to use a forum that had a simple option within the attachments management to place images "inline" within a post. This meant that some posted entry text could be made, followed by inserting an "inline" image as an attachment, followed by some more text, then another image, etc, until the maximum number of attachments was reached.  The images and text could be reordered and edited easily and it made for well presented posts incorporating pictures appropriately placed within a body of text.

If the "inline" option was not applied the images would just be dropped onto the bottom of the post as occurs by default here.  Preview of a post does not include the photo attachments and there is no control over placement.  I really couldn't be bothered mucking about with image hosting sites or entering code. I could do it but I'm not going to devote the time.

What do the "Do not use smileys" and "Return to this topic" options actually do?

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2020, 11:16 PM »
What do the "Do not use smileys" and "Return to this topic" options actually do?

Where do you see those options, Livo ?
** Phil.

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2020, 12:40 AM »
When you select "Attachments and other options" to manage attachments, 3 check boxes appear: Notify me of replies, Return to this topic and Do not use smileys.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2020, 08:31 AM »
Testing :) :-)

So, both of those options selected, "smiley" sequences pass through unmapped (rather than being mapped to emotikons), and after clicking "Post" the user is taken to https://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?board=10.0

** Phil.

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2020, 08:39 AM »
Thanks Phil.  I have no real use for these options.

Offline Unclefrank

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Posting images as attachments and inline
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2020, 03:31 PM »
I have resized, made sure the right amount of bites are used, used the attachment feature and the CRo hosting site thing and the image when i click on preview has a broken link on the thread i have started, i have used the CRo site thing has long as i have been on this site and for some unknown reason it just will not post the image. This is the reason why i don't post has much on here because of the amount of time and faffing about just to post a picture.

Offline Unclefrank

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2020, 03:48 PM »
Just got the images to be seen on the preview but when i go to post just says your post might have been deleted blah, blah, blah.
Forget it will try and describe the best i can when i make again.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2020, 06:12 PM »
Thanks Phil.  I have no real use for these options.

There are uses for the first

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2020, 06:20 PM »
Don't re-size.  Don't worry about the number of bytes (unless your files are ginormous), forget all about the former CR0 image host, and just include an attachment.  Example herewith, with statistics to be added retrospectively. 5760 x 2646, circa 10MB.

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2020, 07:46 PM »
That has occurred, but not often. I see the usefulness of the option.

Any advice on inline images?

©2024 Curry Recipes