Author Topic: How to Upload Your Photos  (Read 46058 times)

Offline Unclefrank

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Posting images as attachments and inline
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2020, 08:20 PM »
How do i do that, when ever i click on the attachments and other options i then click preview nothing, then when i click on the attachment window part it opens up another window for me to pick another file to attach.

Offline Unclefrank

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2020, 08:26 PM »
Here we go this was my first attempt.
The preview button doesn't work for me, so i just posted instead.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2020, 08:37 PM »
Sorry, yes, I should have made that clear

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2020, 08:57 PM »
And therein lies the necessity of images. Well done Uncle.  Those are a couple of very nice looking curries.

Now if we can only work out how to place the images inline so that descriptive text may be added to each individual photo.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: How to Upload Your Photos
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2020, 08:59 PM »
Any advice on inline images?

Not really, because I am the fortunate position of being able to web-host locally (either at home or from the hotel), so I am not dependent on commercial photograph web-hosting sites.  Before Google killed it, I made considerable use of Picasaweb.  Google Photos I regard as virtually unusable

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2020, 11:16 AM »
A quick test suggests that https://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/imagehost/ might be of some use for image hosting, but if the uploaded image exceeds 1MB there is no error message and instead defective code is returned.  For images smaller than 1MB, it does seem to work :

Note, however, that if someone follows the hyperlink from the embedded image, browser caching may result in their browser displaying the embedded image unscaled until the page has been re-loaded.

** Phil.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 12:00 PM by Peripatetic Phil »

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2020, 09:54 AM »
Thanks Phil but I don't need to be mucking about with resizing images down to under 1024 KB and uploading to image hosting to post pictures.  I know it works as I've done it on the past, but I'm probably not going to do it again.  My photos will just be dumped at the bottom of posts.

As I said, the other forum software just took a click of the mouse button in a checkbox to have images and attachments placed inline.  Quick, easy, versatile and efficient. I don't know the Forum software that was used and the forum is long gone.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2020, 10:01 AM »
I understand your point of view, Livo, but if this thread is to be of maximum use to new members, I think that comments on how image handling could be improved (as opposed to how to work within the constraints of the present system) might be better made under "Suggestions for improving this site ".

** Phil.

Offline Yousef

• Elite Curry Master
  • Curry Recipes Site Owner
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2020, 10:01 AM »
Thanks Phil but I don't need to be mucking about with resizing images down to under 1024 KB and uploading to image hosting to post pictures.  I know it works as I've done it on the past, but I'm probably not going to do it again.  My photos will just be dumped at the bottom of posts.

As I said, the other forum software just took a click of the mouse button in a checkbox to have images and attachments placed inline.  Quick, easy, versatile and efficient. I don't know the Forum software that was used and the forum is long gone.

Hello livo, you can use the [img] bbcode to place your images anywhere without resizing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Unclefrank

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2020, 02:59 PM »
I still can not get my pictures to load on this site, tried the Image Host and the Attachments and other options at the bottom of a page. I have resized and still no joy.
Any help, Again.

©2024 Curry Recipes