Author Topic: Knorr Vegetable Bouillon catering paste  (Read 12451 times)

Offline Williammealyea

• Chef
    • View Profile
Knorr Vegetable Bouillon catering paste
« on: January 07, 2007, 12:28 AM »
Where can I buy this stuff from. I am not in the catering buisness, is there an online store that sells and delivers this stuff cos I am keen to try Andys new Base/gravy and also chilliprawns UCB.

Offline NairB

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Knorr Vegetable Bouillon catering paste
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2007, 02:51 AM »
Where can I buy this stuff from. I am not in the catering buisness, is there an online store that sells and delivers this stuff cos I am keen to try Andys new Base/gravy and also chilliprawns UCB.

I was searching for this too. There are wholesale suppliers that stock 1kg tubs of this at ?12.99. Click Me To See It

I tried to see if costco has it but their website is limited. I imagine they would have it though like all the other ingredients  ::)

I'm excited about this as both Chilli Prawns & Andy's recipe constitute KNORR VEGETABLE BOUILLON as a BIR ingredient  :D :D

*EDIT* Sainsbury's stocks it in granules. I cannot link to it for some reason. Go to there website and look under All gravies and stock  ;) Is this the same as the catering tub stuff?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 03:30 AM by NairB »

Offline andy2295

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2007, 10:42 AM »
Hi

You could try the granules. The tubs that are used are available from Bookers or Makro wholesalers

Regards

Andy

Offline Mark J

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2007, 01:03 PM »
Surely the granules are different to the paste Andy?

Offline merrybaker

• Head Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2007, 06:09 PM »
These sites are from different countries, so there may be differences -- I don't know. 

The paste has these ingredients (http://www.unileverfoodsolutions.ie/products/portfolio/show/1266-0-1-10405101.knorr_vegetable_bouillon_paste_3x40l.html):

Salt, Vegetable Fat, Flavour Enhancer (Monosodium Glutamate, Disodium Inosinate, Disodium Guanylate), Yeast Extract, Dehydrated Vegetables (1.7%) in variable proportions (Carrot, Cabbage, Leek), Flavourings (Contain Celery), Herbs, Juice Concentrates (Apple, Onion, Carrot), Colour (Ammonia Caramel), Dextrose, Sugar, Spices, Maltodextrin, Citric Acid, Hydrogenated Vegetable Fat

The bouillon cubes (http://www.asiamex.com/proddetail.cfm?CFID=447999&CFTOKEN=683248&ItemID=665&CategoryID=3&SubCatID=84) that has these ingredients:

Salt, Partially Hydrogenated Soybean and Cottonseed Oils, Monosodium Glutamate, Hydrolyzed Protein, Tomato Paste, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Dehydrated Vegetables, Buttermilk, Butter, Potato Starch, Onion Powder, Sugar, Garlic Powder, Wheat Flour, Maltodextrin, Citric Acid, Autolyzed Yeast Extract, Spices, Caramel Color, Disodium Inosinate, Disodium Guanylate, Dehydrated Soy Sauce, Parsley Flakes, Gum Arabic, Corn Syrup Solids, Ascorbic Acid, Thiamin Hydrochloride, Modified Food Starch, Vinegar, Whey, Sodium, Caseinate, Lactic Acid

The granules seem to contain (http://www.unileverfoodsolutions.co.za/products/categories/show/693-3053-0-12148.knorr_vegetable_bouillon_granules_6_x_1kg.html):

Salt, monosodium glutamate, yeast extract, vegetable oil (contains antioxidant TBHQ), vegetables, modified starch, spices, flavourants, parsley, flavour enhancer (E631, E627), sugar

Offline woodpecker21

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2007, 06:44 PM »
hi guys/gls
sorry to but in but my mother in law (god rest her sole just before crimbo) gave me some "organic marigold swiss vegetable vegan bouillon powder" its ingredients sea salt, yeast extract rice flour,vegetables 8%(onion, carrots, celery), palm oil, turmeric, parsley and its gluten free. the pot is 150grams and makes 7.5 litres of stock i think you can buy it in waitrose.
a possible vegetarian/ vegan alternative?

regards
gary

Offline CurryCanuck

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2007, 07:05 PM »
I am not a big fan of products with MSG in them - I wonder if there is an alternative .

CC

Offline NairB

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2007, 07:12 PM »
I am not a big fan of products with MSG in them - I wonder if there is an alternative .

CC

I wonder too CC, though the situation right now is that this paste is being used in the two recipes CP(USB) & Andy have posted being used in BIRs. Maybe when we try this and crack "the taste" & "the smell" using this paste, we can then experiment with a paste similar with no MSG.  ;)

I too would prefer No MSG but I got the feeling all BIRs are using it at some stage  :-\

Offline King Prawn

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2007, 07:56 PM »
Is it the green or yellow one that the bir's use?

perhaps we should buy a big pot and split it up umongst ourselves and see what the results are. A big tub would last me years and likely be gone off by the time I get half way down the pot!

KP(V)

Offline NairB

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2007, 08:17 PM »
Is it the green or yellow one that the bir's use?

perhaps we should buy a big pot and split it up umongst ourselves and see what the results are. A big tub would last me years and likely be gone off by the time I get half way down the pot!

KP(V)

There seems to be different tubs of this, ohKP, you can get a 500g tub(see last link)  :o Which one is it.....Andy, can you help??  :-\

http://www.unileverfoodsolutions.ie/products/portfolio/show/1266-0-1-10405101.knorr_vegetable_bouillon_paste_3x40l.html
OR
http://www.unileverfoodsolutions.co.uk/products/portfolio/show/512-1472-3-34974.knorr_paste_bouillon_vegetable_1kg.html
OR
http://www.unileverfoodsolutions.co.uk/products/portfolio/show/512-1472-4-30398.knorr_paste_bouillon_vegetable_500g.html
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 08:19 PM by NairB »

©2024 Curry Recipes