Author Topic: Knorr Vegetable Bouillon catering paste  (Read 12455 times)

Offline andy2295

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Knorr Vegetable Bouillon catering paste
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2007, 10:27 PM »
Hi all.

If you want to look at the chemical build up between paste and granules then there are going to be differences. Please bear in mind that at the takeaway we use paste. I cannot foresee a difference in the two to a great extent but perhaps i should recommened the paste as that is what is used.
As the takeaway/restaurant has a bookers account for the purchase of the 1kg tubs then we should skick to this (trying to be accurate).
Obviously i could not expect home users suddenly to go get a bookers account but dont have alternatives for the supply of such.
The chefs have NOT tried the granule version.

Regards
Andy

Offline Williammealyea

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2007, 11:19 PM »
Well...... not only are we all searching for "the taste" and "the smell" now it would apear we are in search of the rare "Knorr Vegetable Bouillon catering paste" good luck everyone.  :)

Offline NairB

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2007, 12:31 AM »
Well...... not only are we all searching for "the taste" and "the smell" now it would apear we are in search of the rare "Knorr Vegetable Bouillon catering paste" good luck everyone.  :)

LoL we are a fussy bunch  ;D

As Andy said his BIR uses the 1kg catering tub out of bookers, so it looks like I will be joining bookers and we can't really go wrong then can we  ;)

DAMN only problem is I need to be a bonafide trader or caterer  :'( I'm away to weep  :'(
« Last Edit: January 08, 2007, 12:36 AM by NairB »

Offline King Prawn

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2007, 08:13 PM »
If anyone will buy my king prawn tandoori sizzler, I can be a bonafide caterer. Just need some letter head and business card and I'm away.......!

(OK seriously, what evidence do they need when joining these places?)

Offline After8

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2007, 08:25 PM »
Surely Makro will have it. Everybody knows someone with a Makro card.

A8

Offline Chilli Prawn

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2007, 01:07 PM »
I posted this info somewhere her last year but here it is again.

It is called Knorr Vegetable Boullion (new improved recipe)  It has the words Easy Scoop and Paste on the tub.  It weighs 1Kg.  It is basically a yellow pot with green patches and a green lid.  The pot sice is approx 12cm high by 12cm diameter. The product code is 241681350 and it is made by Unilever.  On the lower front there are a few round green indicators- Makes 40 litres, Gluten free, No artificial colours, No artificial flavours, suitable for vegetarians, Suitable for Vegans.  It does contain flavour enhancers but does not indicate amounts.  It can be stored in a coll place for about 12 months or more (I have had my last for 12 with 3 more to go.  Bookers Makro and other wholesalers sell it.  I am told that no other types will do, e.g. domestic, as they contain too many other additives and too much salt.

CP

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2007, 04:00 AM »
Yellow Fingers and Bart,

You've both tried making CP's curry base haven't you? 

If so, where did you buy your "Knorr Vegetable Bouillon catering paste" from please?

Thanks,  :P

Offline bart09

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2007, 09:10 AM »
hi ca
my son is a chef in the catering buisness and he has a account with bookers.
where we live bookers are only 3 mile away from us,and it was my son that bought it for me.

Offline CurryLover_NZ

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2007, 09:22 AM »
Hi Everyone,

I have been watching this discussion with great interest - it is warming up nicely  ;)

My question is not intended to fan the flames of this debate - from a personal point of view some of the comments have been slightly unfair and counter-productive - I simply thought I would ask a simple question which may add another slant. I fully expect this to be quickly dispelled!  :)

Just how long has Knorr Vegetable Bouillon Paste been around? Surely the 'taste' precedes  this product?

Just something that crossed my mind...

CL_NZ 

Offline Chilli Prawn

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2007, 12:49 PM »
Hi CL, it has been around since God was a boy under diffrenet formulas.  My Father was a chef and when he taught me the basics way back in the 50's he was using Knorr (but I think it had a trade name then) bouillion.  I think I precede the BIR revolution except Veeraswamy's  :o ;D

Getting a card from Makro can be more difficult than Bookers.  The process for both is to get a name for your business (must be food related) and produce evidence of your residential/business address.  You must also produce evidence of your trading situation.  I just printed off a couple of made up invoices.  Not a problem now because I am well established.  Contact a friendly retailer or pub or hotel and make some bills out to them.  Makro do make a regular review and I guess so do Bookers; but as long as you trade regularly and your payments to them look reasonable (I spend about ?700 per year with Bookers) they should leave you alone. 

Just a word of warning though, in a lot of cases Tescos can be much cheaper and they will also order trade stuff for you if they can.

Just a point, MSG is created from vegetables  ??? see these links to get a better understanding of MSG

http://www.msgtruth.org/whatisit.htm

http://www.foodproductdesign.com/archive/1998/0298AP.html

The things mentioned here should ring a bell; I have been saying things on these lines for a long time and more recently on the use of stock production and use.

A bit anal I know, but maybe it will push your serach efforts elsewhere.

CP
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 01:06 PM by Chilli Prawn »

©2024 Curry Recipes