Author Topic: Is CRO as a forum finished.  (Read 36469 times)

Offline tempest63

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Is CRO as a forum finished.
« Reply #100 on: July 03, 2021, 03:00 PM »
The point of sharing them, surely, is to share them so that others can try them - not to store them for your own future use.

What I was trying to point out is if I post these recipes and they disappear there is no reason to post them. I cannot share something other people cannot see.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2021, 12:31 PM by Onions »

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 03, 2021, 06:58 PM »
I run a motorbike Forum ... its run on a "help each other" attitude unlike on here where my initital impressions is that everyone is aiming to prove they are better at making curries or have better techniques and everyone elses methods are rubbish etc etc.

I question the validity of your comparison. Both forums probably have a good cross section of members. I suggest a motorbike forum is more about discussing science, whereas this forum is more about the art of cooking, with far less scope for agreement. Or possibly you sanitize your motorbike forum by banning anyone who may have alternative ideas or disagree with others, so you risk being left with people who may be less interesting.

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 03, 2021, 08:46 PM »
Rather than debate the motives for posting recipes, what is concerning is that this has occurred.  Sharing on the forum has the additional benefit of becoming an easily accessed storage repository. A feature I also use and I'm sure others do as well.  The question needing to be answered here is where did this data go?  Following that is whether or not we will soon find other truncated threads.

Tempest63, how many recipe threads have you identified as missing? I took no time in finding one of your postings affected as you described but I didn't keep looking.

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 05, 2021, 05:20 PM »
Looks to me as if this one has also suffered from time-rot.
--
** Phil.

©2024 Curry Recipes