Author Topic: Is CRO as a forum finished.  (Read 35992 times)

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Is CRO as a forum finished.
« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2021, 08:48 AM »
Does anybody know a bugler?

https://www.mfiles.co.uk/scores/the-last-post.htm

A forum is up to the members and at the moment this place isn't really worth a look in and getting less so by the day.  Just sayin'.

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 08, 2021, 10:56 AM »

A forum is up to the members and at the moment this place isn't really worth a look in and getting less so by the day.  Just sayin'.

I agree. I think the best option would be for the forum to be sold to a consortium of the members who may then stand a better chance of keeping it alive, and probably know what is best. Owners with IT skills but no real interest in replicating BIR food, or meeting in person with members, are not in the forum's best interest, in my opinion.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 08, 2021, 01:11 PM »
If there were even a small likelihood that discussions such as this could breathe new life into the forum, then I would be all in favour.  But my honest opinion is that they cannot

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 08, 2021, 02:32 PM »
I trust the three of us posting to this thread already may be prepared to take shares in the purchase of the forum if it is made available to us. Please correct me if I am wrong! Would anyone else be interested? Yousef - are you interested in selling the forum?

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 08, 2021, 03:26 PM »
If the forum could be sold to all of its members (present and future), such that each has an equal interest in maintaining its viability and ensuring the quality of its content, then yes, I would be willing to purchase a share, and also to contribute to its ongoing costs and maintenance.  But if it is to be owned only by a few, to whom the others are thus beholden, then no

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 08, 2021, 04:06 PM »
When I joined this forum, there was little other material available on BIR.

Nowadays YouTube etc is awash with information (with videos) and will provide any newbie with just about all they need. This forum has become somewhat redundant and irrelevant. To try to keep it alive and kicking is, in my opinion, futile.

Also - if George had any power over this forum, we wouldn't need the 'last post', but the funeral march.

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 08, 2021, 04:15 PM »
Also - if George had any power over this forum, we wouldn't need the 'last post', but the funeral march.

In a way you are correct. Due to insult after insult from you, over the years, yes you wouldn't last long if I was in control. Nobody else would have anything to worry about.

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 08, 2021, 08:16 PM »
How did your last admin role in this forum work out George?

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 09, 2021, 11:57 PM »
The strange thing is we tend not to have many bust-ups on the forum these days and when we do it's inevitably the same few forum members - the last few posts being a point in case. So we can't really point to that as to why the forum has been effectively dead for a good while now.

The simple fact is, as Garp pointed out, that there's a glut of BIR info out there now, in many forms, and I think that is a major factor. It is weird though because there are many other forums covering a variety of topics which thrive despite there bring a plethora of other sources for the same information. And I doubt a co-operative ownership would advance the cause one bit. In fact it'd probably lead to more infighting.

I'd be interested to see the number of posts per day plotted on a graph from day one of the forum to see if the drop-off was gradual or whether it dropped substantially at one or more points. Is that sort of thing possible Phil?

Offline Yousef

• Elite Curry Master
  • Curry Recipes Site Owner
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 13, 2021, 05:40 AM »
Hello everyone

We faced some DDoS attacks pointed to our server during the past 4-5 days. Everything should be back to normal now.

Thanks

©2024 Curry Recipes