Author Topic: Delivery driver  (Read 4507 times)

Offline Vinda looo

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
Delivery driver
« on: January 09, 2007, 09:25 AM »
Hi, I have been delivering indian takeaways for the past 2 saturdays. I am now getting to know the chefs quite well so I asked if they could tell me how I could do a vindaloo at home. One of them has promised to write everything down for me starting with their base sauce. He also says its very easy to do. When I get this recipe I shall post it immediately.
By the way it breaks my heart delivering these curries, I just want them all for myself, at least my car has the SMELL for a while anyway and I do get a free curry of my choice at the end of the night.

Offline Yousef

• Elite Curry Master
  • Curry Recipes Site Owner
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Delivery driver
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 09:39 AM »
Vina Looo,

Sounds like the best part time job ever.
Can you elude to which takeaway you deliver for :o?

S

Offline bart09

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 09:45 AM »
good work vindalooo can`t wait for this recipe so i can try it.
why is it when we all ask a indian chef for recipes,hints and tips they help you with out a problem. and yet if you ask a chinese chef for help they don`t  want to know you why is that.
i`ve been going to this local chinese takeaway for 10 years now i know the family very well and when i asked them how they done certain dishes they blanked me out completely has if i was`nt there.

Offline Vinda looo

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 09:59 AM »
I deliver for Shotton Tandoori, in Shotton Colliery, Peterlee, Co. Durham.
Im only helping out while the permanent driver is ill, probably be for another 4 saturdays so I,ll try and get as much info as I can. There are 3 chefs working their and they all seem very friendly and helpfull so Im hoping to take full advantage.

Offline Chilli Prawn

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 12:46 PM »
Wot a job VL!  Look forward to the recipe.  BTW what do you get paid for each delivery?  I need to work out the costs for my own project.
CP

Offline Vinda looo

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2007, 01:37 PM »
I get paid 15 pounds plus either 1 pound or 1.50 for each delivery depending on the radius, anywhere outside of a 2 mile radius its 1.50. I usually deliver between 15 - 25 on a saturday night, there is also another driver working aswell, who delivers roughly the same. They make about 80 meals on a sat night. They can knock a curry up in 5 mins. I havnt spent much time in the kitchen but what I have seen is plenty of flames coming from the pans, wouldnt like to try that at home I,ll burn the place down.

Offline Vinda looo

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2007, 01:38 PM »
By the way my pound signs not working on my keyboard

Offline curryqueen

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2007, 02:48 PM »
Great stuff Vinda looo!  You had better start making notes now of the questions that you want to ask them, including recipes, that way you hopefully won't forget anything.  Looking forward to your next post.

Offline Vinda looo

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2007, 03:16 PM »
Ive got so many questions to ask I dont want to feel like Im intruding on them too much, too soon. They dont say much so its quite dificult to get them to open up. This could be one of the most significant friendships I could ever have so Im not too inquisitive just yet as it might put them off telling me secret things. Once I get to really know them, thats when I,ll go for the jugular.

Offline Ashes

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2007, 03:49 PM »
Good work, try to approach them when they arent busy, maybe they will even let you try and make a curry if you turn up early before the trade gets going.

Regard Ashes

©2024 Curry Recipes